Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses?and to our own.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management Technology (IMIT) exclusively partners with the Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) business division to design and develop systems and integrate vendor products to globally support full life cycle business processing. Activities include Portfolio Analysis, Risk, Trading, Operations, and Sales & Marketing. Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM) Technology also provides holistic support and quality assurance across the suite of applications used in the MSIM environment.
The IMIT Sales Technology team owns Sales & Distribution technology platform. The team is responsible for defining technology strategy in-line with business goals and providing solutions in a very dynamic environment. Sales Platform is a distributed system with several integrated components, providing customized CRM functionality, data/process integration with firm systems, business intelligence through Reporting & Analytics and data driven Marketing & Lead Generation.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our data-science group. The person in this role would be responsible for analyzing data and developing predictive models for various use-cases within Sales & Marketing such as Sales Targeting & Segmentation, Lead Generation, Product Recommendation, etc. They must have strong experience employing different data mining / data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. The ideal candidate is adept at discovering and using wide variety of data-sets together. It is absolutely critical that they are comfortable understanding the business domain and interpreting / explaining the findings of models as it applies to the business problem for people outside data-science domain.
?Work with stakeholders, identifying opportunities for leveraging data to solve for business challenges.
?Identify valuable data sources / data sets that can be leveraged to improve results.
?Analyze data to interpret against business opportunity and discover trends and patterns.
?Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of structured / un-structured data used for analysis.
?Research and implement custom statistical models and machine learning algorithms.
?Execute analytical experim-Masters Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or relevant field
* 7 years practical experience as a Data Scientist with proven track record
* Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra, multi-variable calculus)
* Expertise with R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C is an asset
* Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis
* Deep understanding of real-life applicability and limitations of machine-learning algorithms
* Problem-solving aptitude
* Analytical mind and business acumen
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
Skills and Experience
* Experience with B2B, Financial Industry, Asset Management, Sales & Marketing is highly desired
* Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
* Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
* Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
* Expertise querying Relational / No-SQL databases and using statistical programming languages like R, Python, etc.
* Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
* Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Business Objects, Tableau, D3.js, ggplot, etc.
* Experience with data-science tools : Dataiku, Jupyter, etc.
* Knowledge of open-source, 3rd party, cloud based data science / NLP / machine learning platforms (e.g. AWS or Azure offerings)
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is an American financial services company that offers securities, asset management, and credit services.