Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Quality Assurance & Production Management (QAPM)
Quality Assurance & Production Management (QAPM) provides global Production Management and Quality Assurance services for Institutional Securities and Support Services applications. Consolidated support functions include Plant Management/Engineering, Capacity Management, and Grid Management. Complementing these direct support activities are cross divisional QA services, which include QA Environment Management, QA Tooling and Data Masking. The division supports the evolution of technology platform and tools, manages and maintains our production plant, and ensures the implementation and adherence to proper operational controls to manage risk.
Technology & QAPM Division
The mission of Technology is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which supports the Firm's strategy, delivered by an innovative, world-class team of professionals. Quality Assurance and Production Management (QAPM), a Division within Technology, provides global services for Institutional Securities and Support Services applications. Consolidated support functions include Plant Management/Engineering, Capacity Management, and Grid Management. Complementing these direct support activities are cross divisional QA services, which include QA Environment Management, QA Tooling and Data Masking.
QAPM includes a horizontal Plant management (PLM), Tools and Engineering practice area that complements its direct production activities. This covers operational plant management, grid computing, platform engineering, capacity management and production tooling functions. PLM is a global practice area operating out of New York, London, Montreal, Toronto, Shanghai, Tokyo and Bengaluru
* Provide Symphony/EGO middleware production support and troubleshooting
* Work with Grid middleware engineering teams to filter/resolve issues related to middleware
* Work with EI/Unix Ops teams to resolve issues related to infrastructure
* Provide support for building and maintaining clusters
* Work with application development teams in optimizing applications for Symphony grid
* Work with Grid middleware engineering team to develop operational tooling
* Work with application/ops teams to collect usage statistics
* Innovative and proactive technology professional who can wear multiple hats
* Primary environment is Unix server (linux)
* Operational support professional as well as assume technical ownership to automate/ optimize various Grid engineering functions.
* Demonstrate technical & operational acumen to deal with escalations from respective application Support teams to troubleshoot
* resolve incidents as a HPC Grid subject matter expert in a global coverage role
* Effectively communicate and coordinate with relevant DEV/ production management teams, work stream leads & stakeholders
* Assume design, development & test accountability of assigned automation projects
* Be able to drive automated RFB (Ready for Business) checks for various multi-tenant Grids and silo grids in order to timely escalate and respond to potential issues
* Support relevant work stream Leads within Grid Engineering in identification and resolution of performance and capacity bottlenecks, risk and control gaps and infrastructural upgrades, as and when required
* Demonstrate basic understanding of Production Management methodologies i.e. Incident Management, Problem Management, and Event Management etc.
* Manage incidents on behalf of the global team.
Develop strong working relationships with Global Plant Management staff, Application Technology teams & QAPM Leads
The successful candidate must demonstrate
* Strong technical skills along with strong communication and the ability to organize and manage their body of work.
* Communicate across all levels of the organization to the appropriate level of detail to convey their message.
* Experienced in command line tools, how processes interact with each other, memory, & storage management, and can demonstrate performance and troubleshooting skills.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills along with an organized approach to manage a high volume of work.
* Highly motivated problem solver that can multi-task, work under time pressures and be self-sufficient were required
* Takes ownership and holds yourself and others accountable while also receptive to constructive feedback
* Works well under pressure.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from a 4-year program
* 2-3 years' experience in an operational support role - production support of applications, troubleshooting/root-cause analysis
* Incident and problem management experience
* 4 yrs. professional workplace experience
* Basic unix shell scripting - (Unix shell scripting, PERL, Python etc.)
* Basic understanding of linux and commands - how to trouble shoot processes irt to memory/disk/network util, strace
* Computer science/engineer degree
* 2-3 years working on a grid-like environment and related technologies like mpi, pvm, condor, any hpc experience is added bonus like gpus,
* Experience of similar roles, developing or supporting infrastructure systems
* Advanced Unix knowledge in Kernels, File system, and memory management.
* Experience of Agile methodologies using Atlassian's Jira.
* Demonstrate the proactive nature of scaling up/down application infrastructure (i.e., servers, storage) leveraging moving average trends, peaks, and business forecasts to take the necessary actions before an incident occurs where an application has no more room to grow
* Ability to gain consensus in formal settings by preparing agendas, presentations, and meeting minutes.
* Understanding of the SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) process with the ability to work closely with development teams to ensure properly designed infrastructure for the application needs, following proper change management process
* Understanding of and experience of Operating within an ITIL Framework.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is an American financial services company that offers securities, asset management, and credit services.