Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889.We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
We are looking for a Senior IP Telephony/IT Engineer to join our team in Santa Ana, CA!
* Plans, designs and engineers the ongoing VoIP and Collaboration infrastructure
* Works closely with the Senior Network Engineers to engineer our WAN's architecture and network technology so that they provide a strong and reliable foundation for VoIP/Collaboration as an enterprise network service.
* Interfaces with the business units and Corporate IT technology teams to plan and develop collaboration applications and solutions.
* Provides Level-3 problem management support, interfacing with other key Corporate IT teams, such as LAN, WAN and Security.
* Interacts with various vendor-partners (such as Microsoft, Cisco, Verizon, etc.) to plan and implement required engineering support.
* Interfaces with vendor-partners as required to troubleshoot, escalate and resolve problems and/or outages.
* Is responsible for the design and implementation of the system components and infrastructure that supports our company's high availability contact centers.
* Is responsible for the ongoing improvements to system uptime for all components within the VoIP/Collaboration infrastructure.
* Is responsible for the actual implementation of complex engineering, configuration changes and actual software in the collaboration environment.
* Researches and evaluates technology developments related to the advancement of VoIP and recommends tools, products and other solutions that will benefit our business units.
* Leads projects and other initiatives, as required, in support of the enterprise VoIP/Collaboration infrastructure and operation.
* Provides internal education, training to other members of the Enterprise VoIP Services Team and to other groups within Corporate IT.
* Uses skills as an experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and established policies and procedures.
* Leverages a wide range of additional resources to explore/implement complex customized applications as a solution.
* Troubleshoots and guides others on a wide variety of complex problems and identifies solutions within broad application and functional expertise.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
* Previous Experience with Microsoft Teams
* Previous Experience with large IT deployments and enterprise wide adoption
* ITIL Foundation (info Tech Infrastructure Library) desired
* Typically have 10+ years of directly related experience
* Previous lead or supervisory or lead experience preferred
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Skype for Business or Teams
* Advanced knowledge of migration to Cloud (AWS or Azure) is a Plus
* Advanced knowledge of Cisco Infrastructure
* Advanced knowledge of Contact Centers
* Advanced knowledge of SIP Carrier Networks
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
* Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN communications
* Advanced knowledge of peripheral VoIP/Collaboration Applications including but not limited to Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Calabrio, ARC Attendant Consoles, ISI Call Accounting, and Symon Communication (reader boards)
Typical Education and/or Certifications
* Generally requires a BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
* Microsoft Certifications is a Plus
* Cisco Certifications a plus!
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
About First American
First American Title Insurance Company facilitates and streamlines real estate transactions by providing comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services.