Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889.We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
The Security Engineer is responsible for providing operational security solutions that would enable the success of IT and business initiatives. Our Senior Security Engineer interfaces with IT Groups across the company, client managers, business customers, third-parties, vendors, and auditors. You will co-design (along with Security Architect) and operationalize security solutions that can be effectively delegated to Security Analysts or other support/operations functions. The scope of Security Engineers extends across technical and administrative controls that enable the protection and availability of business and IT systems. The Security Engineer is responsible for defining the organizations information security architecture and standards and creating prioritized risk based upon technical security control roadmap. The Security architect will coordinate technical design/review activities and develop secure architectural frameworks, operational guidelines and metrics to support a secure computing environment consistent with the organizations Information security policies, standard and overall strategy security risks for the company.
* Lead technical direction in designing and implementing security solutions for corporate technical infrastructure and business applications.
* Participates in all phases of project planning in security service support, including functional requirements, design specifications, testing and quality assurance, implementation and support.
* Lead technical engineering services to support and update existing security systems and works to automate processes related to security implementations, monitoring, and enforcement
* Investigates, recommends, evaluates, deploys and integrates security tools and techniques to improve our ability to protect corporate assets and infrastructure.
* Participate in technical risk assessments and security exposure analyses of systems, networks and business applications
* Evaluate and implement security devices such as firewalls, IDS, IPS, threat correlation tools, vulnerability management tools, encryption capabilities, etc.
* Analyzes network elements and designs to ensure secure and optimal system and network performance and cost effectiveness.
* Oversees the purchase, installation, and support of security devices.
* Responsible for assessing and managing information security risks to pre-existing current systems.
* Assists in the planning of large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
* Monitors, reports and resolves all security related problems and discrepancies.
* Participates as a member of the Information Security Incident Response Team.
* Interacts with internal and external clients on security requirements, identifies security process and develops strategies/solutions to security issues while maintaining tight security discipline.
* Develops test plan and implements rigorous testing prior to rollout of new systems into the production environment.
* Lead Cyber Security incident investigations
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
* Experience in implementing Information Security technologies and/or processes required.
* Experience in product evaluation and managing vendor relationships required.
* Experience in defining Information Security strategy and integrating security technologies into corporate frameworks.
* Must have hands on working knowledge of UNIX/AIX, Microsoft NT/2000, firewall multi-layer design and implementation, router access list/packet filtering (CISCO), WANs, LANs, the Internet, Intranets, network protocols and network services (i.e., telnet, ftp, etc.), Intrusion detection systems, Virtual Private Network (VPN), two factor authentication.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Typical Range of Experience
* Minimum 7 years information security experience
* 5+ years hands on experience with networking, intrusion detection, VPN, PKI, Next-Generation firewalls, NAC; Identity management and encryption technologies
License or Certification
* CISSP, GIAC, CCNA, CCNP preferred
First American invests in its employee's development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
About First American
First American Title Insurance Company facilitates and streamlines real estate transactions by providing comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services.