Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889.We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
We are looking for an experienced Functional Analyst to join our dynamic team in Santa Ana, CA! As a Functional Analyst, you will determine business system requirements and document. You will develop functional specifications and design solutions as per application capability, act as a liaison between the Enterprise Application Services team and the Business users. Performs Fit/Gap Analysis and configure application software to deliver new or modified functionality. Our Functional Analyst documents test plans and supports user acceptance testing & recommends application functionality and features that could be implemented. You will create and manage service requests with application vendors to resolve application issues or functionality.
* Requirements Gathering - Conducts meetings to determine business needs and documents them.
* Conducts Feasibility study of the requirements
* Research ERP/packaged application functionality and features that could be implemented to meet business requirements.
* Performs Fit/Gap Analysis
* Configure application software to deliver new or modified functionality.
* Develop functional specifications and design solutions based on application module capabilities.
* Performs application support functions such as incident triage, research application bugs, respond to customer escalations, and other activities that lead to issue resolution
* Collaborates with technical team in the process of developing application extension solutions or resolving application issues.
* Acts as a liaison between the Enterprise Application Services team and the Business users.
* Prepare test plans and execute, conduct and support user testing.
* Assists in issue resolution of complex production issues as needed.
* Create and manage service requests with application vendors to resolve application issues or functionality.
* Plans and/or monitors all the tasks and/or phases involved in successful delivery of application solution.
* Shares application and functional knowledge with other functional analysts as needed.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Requires problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical users.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks, respond quickly to emergent problems, and focus both on long-range projects and immediate tasks required to maintain system functionality.
* Experience working on projects involving multiple application modules and integration with other systems.
* Working knowledge of ERP/Packaged application functionality and features.
* Has background that combines functional expertise and business management skills with an understanding of information technology.
* Familiarity creating process documentation, training procedures, and standard operating procedures.
* Standard Microsoft Office skill set.
* Generally requires Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Typical Range of Experience
* Typically 2-5 years of directly related experience
* Experience or background with Information Security processes (Vulnerability Response, Governance, Risk, and Compliance) is a plus.
License or Certification
* Certification in ERP/Packaged Software preferred
* Business Analysis Certification such as CBAP or CCBA preferred
* Experience with ServiceNow and/or ITIL is a plus
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
About First American
First American Title Insurance Company facilitates and streamlines real estate transactions by providing comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services.