What you'll be doing...
The Assigned Client Engineer will provide dedicated EMC enterprise storage support within a complex multi-data center environment. Senior level competency with EMC, ESXi and vCenter are a must. This position will serve as a customer-focused solution SME and will provide operational, escalation and engineering support. This is a customer-facing support & engineering role with On-Call responsibilities. This team member will be expected to contribute significantly to the implementation and operationalization of enterprise storage and peripheries.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience supporting multiple arrays and datacenters utilizing EMC VMAX FAST VP, VPLEX, VNX and Isilon.
* Experience with multi switch fabrics utilizing Cisco MDS, Cisco Directors and Brocade.
* Experience with EMC VNX gateway/Celerra.
* Experience with storage SRDF and Recoverpoint.
* Experience with FCOE.
* Experience with Unisphere for VMAX, SYMCLI, Vipr SRM, and monitoring methodologies.
* Experience working with Windows, Linux, VMware 6.x and custom application support.
* Automation and configuration management utilizing scripting languages such as: Powershell, Ansible, PowerCLI, Python
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* ITIL Certification.
* Experience supporting Hyper-Converged hardware (Cisco, Dell, Nutanix).
* VMware certification(s).
* CCNA/CCNP certification.
* Microsoft Clustering experience.
* Active Directory experience.
* Comfortable working in a fast paced high stress environment.
* Strong communication and human interaction skills.
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
* A sense of urgency with complete follow-through and accountability.
* Ability to work in a dynamic self-directed team.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.