What you'll be doing...
What you'll be doing...
This position has overall responsibility for activities related to R&D of new technology introductions to validate the emerging technology is ready for future product introductions by the business units.
This role will be responsible for developing and delivering of initial prototypes and product proof-of-concepts which includes use case development, technical requirements, customer co-development testing and commercialization handoff. The focus of the individual will be on blockchain and other identity/security initiatives (e.g. confidential computing, secure payments) in the emerging technology space. Candidate must be able to discuss at both a technical and business level to executives, software developers and customers. Must have ability to gain executive and cross-functional team buy-in and momentum for new technology introductions.
In this role you will:
* Build a strategy for an emerging technology as it applies to technology introductions that often have not been applied in this manner before including technology assessment, industry players and use case development.
* Bridge the emerging tech product concepts with the business units through roadshows, material (whitepapers, presentations) and continuous touchpoints. Deconstruct technology capabilities into technical requirements for technology development team (software developers, engineers, etc) in the build of a minimal viable product.
* Research, build and manage delivery of technical requirements and roadmap for emerging tech validation. Work with developers in an agile process to deliver upon those requirements. Report status on delivery to leadership and business units.
* Partner with, and support, an array of cross-functional teams (sales, implementation) responsible for the operation of enabling the new product innovation for customer co-development testing.
* Build successful demonstrations of emerging technology solutions (video, live demonstrations) along with compelling market material, along with compelling market materials including UI/UX wireframes, videos and devices.
* Perform technical analysis and industry players for solutions based on emerging tech and convey the technology impacts to executives, software developers and trial customers.
* Interface with business units for use case discussions and product requirements demonstrating leadership in the emerging technology analysis
* Analyze customer requirements and lead co-development activities for emerging tech pilots hosting weekly engagement calls and working through customer issues with development team.
* Deliver innovative technology based solutions relying upon extensive market research and technical understanding of the emerging technology solutions
* Perform use case ideation based upon many unknown factors that are common with emerging technologies and deliver upon demonstrations that validate the technology and use cases.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering.
* Technology Development experience.
* High interest in emerging technologies and capability of deep technical understanding to converse with developers and architects.
* Superior negotiating skills to guide the outcome that maximizes value between key stakeholders.
* Background in data science and AI technologies or other emerging technology product development.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills at the executive level.
* Understanding of collection of customer and market insights, competitive analysis.
* Self-driven and ability to demonstrate leadership among a high performing development team.
* Knowledge of blockchain, secure payments and identity.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.