We are actively searching for a passionate and seasoned product + service design leader to help us build a world-class design team and deliver experiences unmatched in the wireless industry. As Design Lead, you will manage a team of talented designers and researchers, lead design initiatives and partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant design solutions to complex real world challenges. You will provide the thought leadership to inspire and develop the right product strategy. Together, you'll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
This is a full-time position based at our Visible headquarters in Denver, CO and will report to the Chief Product Officer.
What you'll do
* You will lead a team of talented designers and researchers to extend our experience across multiple contexts and digital ecosystems, particularly web and mobile.
* Lead design across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches, through user centered concept generation, flawless testing and execution practices to ensure impact.
* Manage and execute day-to-day operations of a design team, including setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring product goals are achieved.
* Set the vision for design systems, processes, and tools that empower our product designers, engineers to build high-quality, well-designed products consistently and efficiently.
* Drive the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
* You will provide context, support and guidance as your team works toward our objectives - you will inspire, not just direct.
* Foster a culture of design at Visible. Recruit and mentor new designers on the team.
What we're looking for...
Who you are
* You are an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You've shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
* You think in systems & frameworks and can see how all the parts fit together.
* You can tell when something is off pixel, or principle.
* You let users lead the way. Over the years, you have gained mastery in data-informed product design and development.
* You create multiple ideas and use creative storytelling techniques to inspire teams around you.
* You have the mastery of craft to inspire the organisation by showing or prototyping what is possible before it is built.
* You are still an amazing designer and believe that real artists ship.
* You have a heart that bleeds for every customer's experience.
What You Bring (a.k.a. qualifications)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, human-computer interaction, behavioral science, psychology, or equivalent work experience
* 8+ years of hands on experience as a product designer with a portfolio of consumer products from inception to launch. Experience working with direct-to-consumer products, consumer internet startups and branding a huge plus!
* 4+ years of management experience with a proven track record of hiring, managing and developing talent
* Expertise with Sketch, Abstract, Figma, Principle/Flinto and Adobe Creative Suite
* Experience designing, implementing and evolving a design system for a digital product
* A portfolio of strong interaction and visual product work
* Excellent communication skills to articulate design decisions at all levels
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.