We are looking for brilliant software engineers for our team. You should have a passion for consumer products and want to help us achieve our goal of bringing Turo to everyone. We ship code daily, A/B test extensively, and have a primary role in experimenting with new ideas from inception to implementation. There's much to do, and you'll be responsible for making some real cool stuff happen.
Do you love iOS? From booking your next trip to picking up a car, our iOS app is integral to the Turo experience. Be a member of a small team of talented engineers and play a major role in shaping an exciting app that's changing how people travel and think about car ownership.
What you'll do
* You will be using the latest technologies to enable a first class iOS experience.
* You will collaborate extensively with product managers, designers, and engineers to develop product features that drive our metrics.
* You will produce high-quality maintainable code, test it, collaboratively review it and ship it.
* You will identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
* Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
* Work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are desired.
* You love developing iOS apps and possess a real passion for the platform.
* You have 4+ years experience shipping iOS apps available on the App Store.
* You are fluent in Objective-C and are well versed in Auto Layout, Storyboard and UIKit.
* Extensive understanding of the Cocoa framework.
* You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to our designers, support staff, and engineers is no problem for you.
* You enjoy solving problems and helping others meet our goals.
Bonus points if
* You have a track-record of shipping features which created an impact.
* You have an excellent understanding of networking, concurrency and threading.
* You have experience writing applications using Swift, watchOS or tvOS.
* You have exposure to growth levers such as SEO, user acquisition, activation, funnel optimization and social engagement.
* You have contributed to open source projects.
* Competitive salary and meaningful equity
* Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Apple equipment of your choice
* Four weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, volunteer time off, generous parental leave
* Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
* Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
* Turo owner matching and vehicle reimbursement program
* Turo travel credit every month
* Engineering education allowance every month
Turo is a car sharing marketplace where travelers can book any car they want, wherever they want it, from a nationwide community of local car owners. Our mission is to reinvent the travel experience and put the world's one billion cars to better use.
We've grown the business by over ten times in the past two years and raised over $200 million from investors like Daimler, SK Holdings, KPCB, Google Ventures, August Capital and Shasta Ventures.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Turo is a company that operates an online car rental marketplace.