We are looking for brilliant software engineers who have a passion for consumer products and want to join an energetic team that is changing the way people think about travel. We ship code daily, A/B test extensively, and have a primary role in creating the product from inception to implementation. There's much to do, and you'll be responsible for making some real cool stuff happen.
Our APIs, internal services, and web app are at the core of our stable of software that's reinventing mobility. Be a member of a small team of talented engineers and designers and play a major role in shaping an exciting app that's changing how people travel and think about car ownership.
What you'll do
* You will collaborate extensively with product management, design, and engineers to develop product features that drive our metrics.
* You will produce high-quality maintainable code, test it, collaboratively review it and ship it.
* You will identify areas to improve and scale our architecture and application design.
* You will develop tools and utilities to diagnose and fix problems.
* Ensure proper technical design and documentation.
* Work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are desired.
* You have 3-5 years experience shipping high-scale code to production.
* You are fluent in at least one language - e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
* You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, database concepts, distributed systems, and search.
* You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
* You enjoy solving problems and helping others meet their goals.
* You are passionate about search, streaming, database or other backend technologies.
* Competitive salary and meaningful equity
* Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Apple equipment of your choice
* Four weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, volunteer time off, generous parental leave
* Weekly catered lunch with a fully-stocked kitchen
* Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
* Turo owner matching and vehicle reimbursement program
* Turo travel credit every month
* Engineering education allowance every month
Turo is a car sharing marketplace where travelers can book any car they want, wherever they want it, from a nationwide community of local car owners. Our mission is to reinvent the travel experience and put the world's one billion cars to better use.
We've grown the business by over ten times in the past two years and raised over $200 million from investors like Daimler, SK Holdings, KPCB, Google Ventures, August Capital and Shasta Ventures.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Turo is a company that operates an online car rental marketplace.