Turo is a peer-to-peer car sharing marketplace where guest can rent any car they want, wherever they want it, from a nationwide community of local car owners.
We are a group of creative, mission-driven, data nerds, environmentalists and car enthusiasts who want to put the world's 1B+ cars to better use. We do this by using data to serve our customers delightful experiences by matching them with the right car for their next adventure while keeping our marketplace safe.
You are creative, methodical data-driven scientist who are excited to solve challenging problems that have a direct impact on sustainably growing the business. You must be comfortable with a range of statistical and machine learning techniques with the ability to innovatively apply them to our problem domain. This requires you to collaborate cross-functionally to translate unstructured business problems into an abstract mathematical framework and make intelligent approximations to make solutions practical and scalable.
As a lead/manager, you will need to demonstrate ability to understand the big-picture, articulate what needs to be done and execute on it; you are an effective partner who listens well and incorporates others' feedback. You can prioritize strategically to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
You have a passion for consumer products, shipping code, and data-driven experiments. The models you develop will have an enormous impact on our next chapter and you should be excited to play a key role in creating the product from inception to implementation and beyond.
* Work closely with data scientists, engineers, and product managers to develop algorithms and drive key product or modeling decisions
* Work with a team to proactively perform exploration to improve our algorithms
* Develop models and services that drive our business using state of the art methods: Search Ranking, Recommendation Systems such as Collaborative Filtering, Personalization etc.
* Research metrics, design and validate experiments to measure performance
* Present your insights to all levels of the company clearly and concisely
* Mentor and guide team members
* Be hands-on and jump in as needed
* 7+ years of industry and academic experience solving complex data science problems in your area of expertise - preferably in the area of Search Ranking and Recommendation Systems etc. in a consumer focused start-up
* Track record of managing high-performance teams of 5+ data scientists and engineers either as a technical lead or a manager
* Experience partnering with product and engineering leadership to identify, scope, plan, and prioritize data science initiatives from planning to production
* Deep understanding of mathematical methods in statistics, optimization and demonstrable experience applying them to your chosen field of study such as classification, regression, time series analysis etc.
* Fluent in tools of the trade Python, SQL, infrastructure for machine learning
* Experience productionizing data science models either independently or working with an engineering team
* Deep product sense & self-starter with an eye for detail
* Fluency working with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) systems
* Experience in deploying and scaling machine learning algorithms into production environments on cloud platforms e.g. AWS, GCP etc. as services
* Experience with Spark, Storm, Hadoop, Hive etc.
* Experience working in a rapid growth environment that requires flexibility and continuous innovation
* Competitive salary and meaningful equity
* Employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Apple equipment
* Four weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental leave
* Weekly catered lunch
* Stocked kitchen and beverages
* Company-sponsored happy hours and team events
* Turo owner matching and vehicle reimbursement program
* Turo travel credit every month
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!
Turo is a company that operates an online car rental marketplace.