Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
We are looking for creative and passionate Senior Software Engineers who want to be part of a growing revenue technology team where everyone has the opportunity to come up with new ideas and to shape the future of our company in building game-changing software. Our engineers play a critical role in all stages of the product lifecycle, so we look for people who crave ownership, enjoy solving hard problems, and have the initiative to fix things that aren't working.
* As part of a cross-functional agile software team, you will design, implement, and maintain our revenue platform in a highly collaborative environment
* Lead and participate in technical discussions about technology, infrastructure and consider the pros/cons of a technology choice based on business value, scalability, maintainability and project delivery goals.
* Support Dow Jones technical cultural values and drive toward solutions independently, seeking feedback when appropriate.
* Maintain and share knowledge in emerging technologies and tools in the industry
* Be able to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
* Computer Science or equivalent degree
* 5+ years experience developing web applications
* Proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including web development, service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, test driven development and domain driven design.
* Working knowledge of web based technologies with a combination of the following: Node.js, React, JSON, NoSQL, SQL
* Fluency in Node.js
* Exposure to Docker, cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, etc..), or container based application deployment strategies is a plus
* Experience with NoSQL - Mongo, Redis, Memcached, BigQuery, ElastiCache, ORM
* Experience building highly performant and scalable REST APIs
* Experience working with or building microservices is a plus
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16040
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a news and business information provider that delivers content to consumers and organizations via newspapers and more.