Dow Jones is building out a new business unit tasked with developing knowledge-enablement products for our customers (both individual consumers and B2B corporates). This nimble and fast-paced team is operating independently, but with access to Dow Jones' content and data (including that in The Wall Street Journal, the Barron's Group properties, Dow Jones DNA, Factiva, and Newswires). The business unit is using this extensive content and research capability, alongside artificial intelligence and graph technology, to build whole new customer experiences and analytical tools serving our professional and consumer customers.
Successful applicants will have demonstrated technical aptitude, flexibility in working with cross-functional teams and an eagerness to work in a distributed and autonomous team with direct access to customers.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to organise and coordinate feature development and operations between engineering, product, and research teams as well as strategic customers. You will provide guidance to development teams and product managers in terms of resource allocation, product delivery, scope negotiations, and feature prioritisation. You will be an active member of the core team in both strategic planning and communicating progress to internal and external stakeholders. You will have experience working with multiple teams across multiple time zones. The ideal candidate will be a selfless leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to "get to done".
* Coordinate cross-project/product dependencies
* Coordinate with tech, research and product leaders on backlog management and feature delivery strategies
* Manage and control deadlines, budgets, and resource plans across the portfolio
* Assess program performance via metrics collection and analysis for the purpose of maximizing development team throughout
* Resolve projects' scope issues; assist in scope management with stakeholders; work with technical teams and stakeholders to determine a negotiable MVP
* Prepare reports for general manager, core team and advisory board, including financial reports and feature burn-up charts
* Assist in preparation of annual team budget, facilitating quarterly roadmap / OKR planning meetings, and monthly reviews of budget and forecast
* Assist in recruiting new members of the team, including drafting job descriptions, requisition opening, candidate vetting and first round interviews.
* Communicate plans and progress with cross-functional stakeholder teams
* Proven experience as a Program Manager / Project Manager or other managerial position
* Ability to think through problems and devise unique solutions specific to the team culture without reliance upon process
* Working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage, but not required
* Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent problem-solving ability
* Strong technical background in data product development
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 16843
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a news and business information provider that delivers content to consumers and organizations via newspapers and more.