Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones & Company is looking for a Cloud Engineering Manager to support our Cloud Security and Engineering program.
Position is responsible for the team's development of tools, orchestration and processes which automate and secure the Dow Jones' cloud infrastructure. Position will track their team's efficiency and quality of work product, and regularly adjust processes and timelines to ensure that high quality is maintained.
This role will collaborate on a daily basis with other leaders, and our operations and software engineering teams. The ideal candidate will have a strong leadership skills, a mix of software development and automation, cloud experience and security principles, and be a knowledgeable, hands-on, collaborative, and energetic individual.
* Manage and mentor a highly skilled, talented team of Cloud Engineers.
* Understand and practice agile/lean work management.
* Scales themselves by delegating effectively, ensuring tasks are completed as specified.
* Focused on and responsible for the team's productivity and collective impact.
* Meet regularly with their direct reports, provide frequent feedback on their work, help the individuals set goals to ensure employee growth and retention goals.
* Excel at getting the team to focus on the highest-impact projects.
* Lead recruiting efforts and determine headcount for their team.
* Partner effectively with product to manage scope and deliverables of the product roadmap.
* Lead technical discussions and drive effective technical decisions covering their area of responsibility.
* Embed security principles into standard operating procedures such as change management, privileged access, and system lifecycle management.
* Champion a collaborative development approach which encourages and accepts contributions and emphasizes transparency.
* Participate in after-hours and emergency support of systems and services to maintain internal service level objectives.
Skills and Experience:
* Preferably five or more years of software development with a focus on TDD and agile methodologies.
* Preferably five or more years of team management experience and coordinating activities of project teams.
* Ability to organize work, set priorities and determine resource requirements.
* Strong familiarity with prevailing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery technologies and methodologies.
* Python or Ruby development experience is preferred, however other languages may be considered. Powershell experience nice-to-have.
* Development and collaboration experience with Git Workflow.
* Experience with design & architecture using modern design patterns in a cloud environment, especially with the AWS API.
* Experience with cloud models such as IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and the security implications and requisite control frameworks.
* Familiarity with security best practices is desirable, such as least privilege, defense in depth, and attack surface analysis.
* Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to communicate complicated technical issues and risks to engineers, project managers and product managers.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE & CUSTOMER
Job Category: IT Development Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 15223
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a news and business information provider that delivers content to consumers and organizations via newspapers and more.