Caterpillar is investing in our digital future, and we're looking for a talented and motivated Digital Architect Manager to help build a world class platform to host a wide range of applications.
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, and electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. We're generating innovative solutions from millions of data points and hundreds of thousands of IoT connected assets.
JOB PURPOSE: The Digital Architect Manager will lead a team of architects to develop E2E Solutions architecture for broad range of CAT digital solutions covering integration with CAT internal systems and external partners. He will serve as a subject matter expert in and as a trusted digital strategy advisor to technology and executive leadership.
* Responsible for delivery of E2E architecture blueprints for CAT digital solutions across multiple disciplines: Device Communications, External systems integration, Data Management, Business logic and transformations, Data Analytics applications, Business Applications
* Portfolio technical analysis and incoming requests cost estimations - developing E2E conceptual architectures and technology maps for the requested features and provide overall ROM estimates
* New technology introduction - Identifying new disruptive technologies to provide business value at Caterpillar
* Solution development - in partnership with System Architects and Engineers develop high level architecture and detail design for the solutions and features
* Managing technical partnerships across Caterpillar internal teams and external partners and customers.
* Accelerator development - Create position papers, standards and patterns that can be leveraged by digital delivery organizations to speed up and improve the quality of solution designs. This includes education and stewardship of a matrix architect community embedded in digital delivery teams
* Coach and manage a team of Digital Solutions Architects to accomplish the above listed responsibilities. This includes
o Following the standard Caterpillar HR processes in hiring, developing and evaluating employees
o Work planning and assignment to achieve goals
o Budget management
* Must have a minimum Bachelor's degree, advanced degree preferred
* 15+ years of experience in information technology planning and operations, architecture design and deployment, information systems design and development, systems lifecycle management
Top candidates will also have
* Strong demonstratable experience leading architecture development for enterprise scale systems in public cloud and hybrid eco-systems.
* Strong understanding of public cloud technologies and best practices for implementing two or more from the following: massive real-time event and message processing, data lakes, Big Data transformations and analytics, complex e-commerce applications, IoT edge and cloud data processing, SQL and NoSQL data modeling
* Leadership experience of a major IT strategy program (selling idea, executing strategy development, successful transfer of organization for realization of strategy) such as Portfolio Rationalization, Information Strategy or Infrastructure Optimization
* Leadership experience in defining the operating model and organizational structure of a Digital Architecture organization
* Demonstrated excellent planning and organizational skills with an established track record of positively influencing change
* Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
* Familiar with project management methodologies (Waterfall and Agile) and Enterprise Architecture tools (e.g. Troux)
Caterpillar designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery and engines.