What you'll be doing...
The Device Repair and Quality Team is seeking a Senior Engineer responsible for managing the IT requirements and systems roadmap for our new Same Day Repair (SDR) offering. This position will be responsible for the strategy, design and implementation of new processes that require IT development for our SDR network.
SDR is a customer centric transformation of Verizon's device warranty offering which will allow customers who have experienced a warranty event to choose between getting an advanced replacement device and getting their device repaired in store or by a mobile tech to the location of their choice. This multi-phased program will drive significant annual savings while increasing take-rates.
In addition to being the SDR liaison to the Verizon Wireless IT organization the role will require interfacing with Care, Retail, Device Marketing, and Verizon's OEMs and our third party SDR vendors in order to meet key IT program requirements.
We will look to you to meet critical deadlines for large cross-functional and enterprise-wide projects and solve the complex problems that the team may face along the way. The program cares for the collection of Operations requirements, IT development, Vendor code, Methods & Procedures, Training and testing to ensure the IT, Network and Processes are repeatable in order to release to the field. Many of our complex projects require interaction at the Director/VP level and the development of Executive presentations.
* Utilize agile project management practices to deliver on-time results from project initiation to deployment.
* Maintain IT Project Management processes.
* Work closely with Cross Functional Project team to deliver new service solutions.
* Manage the development of Technical and IT support system requirements.
* Creation of support process flows.
* Making sure operational training is secured and executed.
* Manage issue/risk identification and resolution.
* Develop organizational and work breakdown structures and responsibility matrices.
* Manage project resources; perform risk assessments and mitigation plans.
* Drive Operations to Standard Operating Environment and document process flows.
* Provide regularly scheduled Executive level reporting.
What we're looking for...
You are the type of person who sees a problem and gets it fixed no matter what. You enjoy the challenge of working through complex, cross-functional issues towards a transformational solution. You're great at being detail oriented and thrive in a dynamic environment to meet critical deadlines, but are also willing to be flexible when the situation is right. You are able to negotiate effectively at all levels of the organization and influence decisions that yield the best results for our company.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* Experience working well in a fast-paced and complex environment.
* Effectively communicate at all levels including executive management with excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and active listening skills.
* Ability to multi-task, detail oriented with strong project management, organization and time management skills.
* Knowledge of Verizon's products and services.
* Knowledge of our Call Center Operations and Support Teams.
* Knowledge of agile methodologies applied to project management.
* PMI, Project Management Certification.
* Certified Scrum Master Certification.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.