What you'll be doing...
We are looking for a Senior Production Support Engineer to join the Verizon System of Engagement Team. The candidate in this role will be working on Verizon Customer experience platform which is responsible for handling all customer channel transactions with Verizon including sales and Services.
* Perform monitoring, debugging and supporting production.
* Set up the alerts and dashboards to monitor device launch and retail seasons.
* Review, monitoring and setup KPI's and alerts for various services.
* Monitor production systems on a daily basis, participate in root cause analysis and issue resolution.
* Analysis and design for products and related services, also responsible for product stability.
* Ensure high quality standards of the deliverable by doing thorough code reviews and monitoring KPIs to ensure the Service Level Agreements are met.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with system and application monitoring tools.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related discipline.
* Experience with Java programming language, Spring, Web Services, Java Script (react JS/Angular JS).
* Experience with performance monitoring and visualization tools such as ELK, New relic, Wily.
* Experience using DEVOPS tools including Jira, GIT, Jenkins and/or Confluence.
* Experience with relational data bases; Oracle DB or Postgres.
* Experience with micro services and middleware technologies and architecture.
* Knowledge of key AWS architecture: EC2, ELB, RDS, S3 and Cloud Watch.
* Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently or in team settings on complex production issues.
* Excellent communication skills, equally comfortable communicating with technical peers or business partners.
* Experience with AWS and supporting cloud based applications.
* Experience supporting vendor supported applications.
* Experience with Service now and change management.
* AWS certification.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.