What you'll be doing...
This position is for a Solution Architect in Verizon Global Technology Solutions (GTS) organization focused on Product and Billing (OSS/BSS) Solutions Architecture for the Verizon Consumer Group (Verizon Wireless, 5G & FiOS). The role will involve designing large scale solutions for key strategic programs including Network & Product (5G & FiOS, TV, and Video & Broadband), Provisioning, and Billing & Service Assurance. The resource will be expected to bring in strong technical expertise and thought leadership to drive best in class architecture and also alignment & adoption of solutions across the GTS group.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
* Four or more years of industry experience in large scale enterprise solutions as a solutions architect or senior developer.
* Three or more years of experience in Internet Data/Video Network technologies.
* Technical mind frame with the ability to interact with people at all levels on system design, architecture.
* Knowledge of FTTP Architecture, BAU architecture, broadband, Voice and Video technologies, Network, and Billing systems.
* Experience with use case definition, conducting high level and detail design sessions across all IT organizations, building consensus with IT as well as business partners for strategic systems design. Ability to Design and develop E2E solutions that are scalable and strategic Drive cross functional large scale enterprise projects
* Strong creativity and problem solving skills.
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Ability to develop quick solutions to resolve design issues.
* Ability to develop detailed flow documentation for the consumption both by IT development team and senior executives.
* Ability to understand issues and challenges with various technologies.
* Knowledge of latest communication concepts and technology trends.
* Lead project related presentations and walkthroughs.
* Create and deliver user/technical documentation.
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
* Effective Verbal and Written Communication.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.