Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
As an Incubation Engineer, you will leverage emerging technology, methods, and processes to evolve MUFG's work systems and technology infrastructure in order to enhance security, risk management, functionality, and end user experience.
As part of the Technology Strategy & Incubation team you will play an integral part in advancing MUFG's technology infrastructure and be a part of a new culture of technical excellence.
You will be a key force in the evaluation of technology systems and platforms utilized by MUFG, identifying and evaluating opportunities for improvement, development and implementation of solutions that effectively realize those improvements, and ultimately transitioning those solutions to end users and operational teams. This position will allow you to use the breadth of all your talents: from partnering with teams across the entire organizational spectrum; to shifting your perspective and the perspectives of those around you to see beyond road blocks and unperceived inefficiencies; to conceptualizing, developing, and implementing robust technological solutions. Your skills in not only working and coordinating with large teams, but with actual hands on development and implementation of advanced and emerging technologies will be heavily utilized. As part of a team of extremely talented and imaginative technologists, you'll be among a cadre of change champions who will both support and push you to the outer limits of excellence.
This opportunity is not for the faint of heart, however. As one of the leading change agents of technology within MUFG, you must balance legacy with cutting edge technologies, iron-clad security and risk postures with uncompromised end-user experiences, engineering technology with engineering people and processes. A refusal to accept the status-quo, confidence in your solutions and abilities alongside the ability to adjust and adapt if needed, as well as a 'never give up' attitude are crucial traits, as well as:
* Demonstrate innovation and creativity in developing solutions to complex problems.
* Participate in project teams of 5 or more from both a member and leadership role.
* Ability to learn and use new and evolving technologies quickly.
* Strong security, risk, and end-user experience focus.
* Demonstrated breadth of understanding and development of solutions based on multiple technologies, including networking, cloud, database, and scripting languages.
* Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple work streams simultaneously.
* Ability to effectively work as part of a team or independently, as needed.
* Ability to overcome difficult and complex challenges and advance goals to tangible outcomes.
If you're still reading this, then the terms "cloud", "automation", "mobility", "AI", and "CI/CD" bring an excitement to you… even more so, knowing that these are key MUFG focus areas that the team is currently engaged with. Not surprising given that you've already had:
* 3 or more years architecting and deploying networking, infrastructure, and/or database solutions.
* 2 or more years of experience using scripting languages for automation.
* 2 or more years architecting and deploying cloud based IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS solutions.
* Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
* Understanding of cybersecurity, AI and Machine Learning, CI/CD, and system automation.
* Experience in adapting/migrating legacy technologies to modern cloud.
* Understanding of enterprise project management methodologies.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required, due to the dynamic nature of collaboration leadership, customers, and other engineering teams.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About MUFG Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.