Mufg In The Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Integrated Services for the Americas (ISA) is the Technology & Operations function for MUFG Americas. ISA plans, develops, maintains, operates, and safeguards digital and business operations. Its 3,000 colleagues specialize in process engineering, software development, enterprise information management, technology operations, operational risk management, and project management. The goal is to deliver superior solutions to our stakeholders at the quality they define and to be, above all, trusted stewards of the bank's computing assets and processes.
ISA Risk & Controls Office (RCO) is accountable for appropriately assessing and effectively managing risk and responsible for implementing effective internal controls and maintaining processes for identifying, assessing, controlling and mitigating the risks associated with their activities separate from independent risk management (2nd line of defense, or SLoD) and consistent with bank established risk appetite and risk limits.
* ISA Risk Appetite Statement and the Risk & Controls Library
* Centralized oversight of assessments, risk acceptances and policy variances to demonstrate conformance with the ISA risk appetite statement and escalation to the 2nd line
* Process Ownership for IT Risk Management processes: Compliance with Information Risk Policies, Standards, Laws and Regulations; Risk and Threat Identification and Management; Risk Assessments and Controls Testing; Risk Monitoring and Reporting; Risk Issue Management; IT Compliance
* Oversight of the ISA STL aligned Control Officers and the FLU Control Officers for FLU's with Information Risk ("Business Unit Managed IT"). Responsibility includes defining granular accountability within the IT Risk Management processes across the operating model, i.e. identifying and mapping regulatory requirements and assigning open issues to the appropriate STL Control Officer, FLU Control Officer and/or Technology Management Process Owner as per the Risk, Threats and Controls Library
* Serving as a center of excellence for information risk management and performing specialized IRM tasks for Business Unit Managed IT. Risk Culture, Training, Awareness and Communications (security awareness in Enterprise Information Security)
As a Control Assessment Automation Specialist for our ISA Risk Control Office you'll form part of a new assessment team providing critical assurance for control operation and testing posture for the firm. You'll have an eye for detail and a good technical understanding of IT processes at a financial institution while being able to meet deadlines to provide unique and scalable solutions.
The successful candidate will be able to see both the bigger picture from an architecture and roadmap perspective and also be able to zoom into logic for individual automated control performance tests and debug / improve as necessary. The role is hands on requiring a development skillset and awareness of related technologies and techniques such as leveraging and developing APIs, cloud platforms, robotics process automation and data science.
* Monitor FLU compliance with the Information Risk Governance framework (RGF) and with enterprise-wide policies and standards via automated performance testing.
* Understanding of Technology Risk Management, Assessments, Identification
* Engineer our control performance testing harness / calculation engine, provide APIs for ingestion of testing data and querying / extensibility of testing results
* Can demonstrate understanding of controls within IT processes (such as Access Management, Change management, Disaster Recovery).
* Automate control performance by gathering data via numerous methods including vendor or platform provided APIs / data marts, robotics techniques or operating system level scripting languages to scrape data.
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, and a Master's Degree in Technology or related field is highly preferred.
* Minimum 5 years in IT control automation including experience testing and assessing controls and presenting results via API driven methods
* Experience managing programs and projects or other managerial position
* Knowledge of financial services industry and its regulations/laws.
* Proficient in one major application development language (e.g. Java, C , C#)
* Proficient in leveraging open source tooling / middleware to bootstrap development work
* Proficient in using bug tracking / requirement gathering tooling such as JIRA to present work prioritization solutions.
* Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
* Understanding of Agile discipline, hands-on experience preferred but not mandatory.
* Scripting and automation technologies (Python, Perl, PowerShell, Unix shell, RPI tools such as Blue Prism or Kofax)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About Mufg In The Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.