Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
You will partner, guide and coach Transformation project teams to develop quality Enterprise Architecture deliverables. In addition, this team will conduct detailed reviews to detect issues within the projects.
Partner, guide and coach Transformation project teams
* MUFG is undertaking an aggressive transformation across all major areas of the organization. The Delivery Excellence Enterprise Architect will apply their experience in successful large-scale enterprise transformation initiatives to establish a strong definition of what excellence in Enterprise Architecture looks like.
* The Delivery Excellence Enterprise Architect will focus on the most critical Transformation projects. They will work closely with project teams to ensure excellence in their Enterprise Architecture both in quality of thought and of presentation.
In order to ensure excellence they will focus on:
* Providing a clear and complete definition of excellence in EA deliverables. They will advise the Enterprise Architecture team on improvements to methods, templates, standards, guidelines, etc. They will coach teams on effective methods for modeling architecture, making good architecture decisions, effective presentation of the material, and producing high quality deliverables.
* Coaching teams to enable them to produce excellent output. They will work closely with the teams to provide frequent and early guidance to proactively ensure excellence throughout all phases of their projects.
* Review the output from the teams to provide quality control and feedback. They will provide formal reviews of architectural materials as part of formal governance processes within the Transformation program.
The Delivery Excellence Enterprise Architect will work with teams focusing on one or more of the following architectural domains. They will not be expected to be an expert in all domains but must have a strong grasp of the fundamentals of Enterprise Architecture across them all.
* Business Architecture Domain: Build effective descriptions of business processes, organization, functions and capabilities. Advise on the structure of business models that may be enabled by business technology to work more effectively.
* Solution Architecture Domain: Deliver business solution designs that meet the functional needs and operate reliably while aligning to enterprise technology standards, strategies, reference architecture and patterns.
* Data Architecture Domain: Comprehensive technical solutions for data management including structured and unstructured data. This includes but is not limited to solutions for data quality, data integration, warehousing, metadata management, content management, big data, information architecture, master data, reference data and data modeling.
* Infrastructure Architecture Domain: Design infrastructure solutions following patterns and guidelines that promote operational stability, disaster recovery, availability, performance, and systems management. This includes but is not limited to hardware platforms, network, security, storage, operating systems, and infrastructure software and tools.
* Integration Architecture Domain: Define integration standards, patterns, governance, design-time tooling and run-time platforms that will support the enterprise current and future integration needs. This includes enterprise service discovery, service registration, deployment topologies, security policies and consumption. Also address legacy integration methods and technologies.
* Manage relationships with business partners including executives, project sponsors, product managers, and business analysts
* Manage relationships with technology delivery partners including executives, portfolio managers, system managers, technology product managers, subject matter experts, and developers
* Manage relationships with technology operations partners including executives, portfolio managers, system managers, technology product managers, subject matter experts, and engineers
* Is expected to maintain a dotted line relationship with the technology executive responsible for their domain and regularly participate as a matrixed member of their staff
* Manage relationships with technology product vendors for both currently in use products as well as RFI / RFP engagements
* Extensive knowledge of technology architecture industry best practices
* Deep knowledge of business process and technology solutions related to their domain
* Expertise in visualizing solutions and driving conversations through architecture views that evolve through contextual, conceptual, logical, and physical architecture
* Expertise in developing multi-generational plans to manage large transformative technology programs
* Expertise in identifying and managing complex cross program dependencies
* Expertise in driving technology product selection and establishing standards through a pragmatic approach
* Requires 15 or more years of experience in multiple IT areas with at least 5 years of direct, relevant architecture design experience
* Requires 5 or more years of experience working at a financial services company in the business domain or domains the architect will support
* Professional experience architecting and/or operating solutions built on AWS, Azure, or GCP (related certifications preferred)
* Experience effectively working in a matrixed environment and leading small to medium sized teams
* End to end development lifecycle experience a plus including project management skills. Must be able to assess requirements, designs, test plans, deployment plans and perform peer reviews. Ability to prioritize projects and keep multiple streams of work on schedule.
* Have experienced success with DevSecOps development methods within a waterfall oriented security and risk environment
* Demonstrates a high level of technology and organizational leadership and influence. Collaborate effectively with peers, SME's, business teams, vendors and project stakeholders. Experience with teaching and technical mentoring.
* Is viewed as the thought leader and is sought out for consultation and advisory services. Is able to initiate business cases and dialog with enterprise stakeholders to advance new strategies and methods.
* A strong and effective change agent with excellent written and verbal communication skills capable of addressing stakeholders at different levels in the organization (executives, IT management, business partners, and developers)
* Ability to concisely model concepts using standardized notation. UML knowledge, modeling tools and case management experience a plus.
* Strong organizational skills (multi-tasking) and a self-motivator
* Experience migrating or re-architecting legacy capabilities for the cloud
* Highly proficient with MS Office products like Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
* 25% travel required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About MUFG Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.