Mufg In The Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Capacity Planning Engineer, Assistant Vice President
We are seeking an individual with strong knowledge IT Infrastructure Engineering, Capacity and Performance for Compute, Storage, Network, as well as working experience with Capacity and Performance software tools. You will lead multiple capacity and performance projects from inception through completion, while adhering to scope, schedule, quality and budget for capacity and performance efforts. You should have strong communication, presentation, and relationship building skills and be comfortable working with technology and business partners across the organization in a collaborative way.
In this role, you will be part of the Service Delivery Organization within Technology Information and Operations and will work with multi-functional teams to deliver the infrastructure capacity, plan for capacity and performance management, and determine requirements to optimize deployments to private and public cloud.
* Actively identify, resolve, and advance planning challenges.
* Experienced in capacity management and infrastructure engineering for distributed server environments, as well as network and distributed storage environments.
* Responsibilities will include server performance analysis, capacity reporting and analysis, and capacity management tool administration for Teamquest.
* Provide consultation with business solutions group area and the Infrastructure & Operations Engineering and Operations teams to resolve capacity and performance issues.
* You will provide right-sizing and optimization for applications migrating to Private Cloud and AWS and in support of Data Center Consolidation
* You will support DevOps and partner with application developers to find the best way to scale infrastructure, characterize transactional throughput and response time, reduce resource consumption and shorten request latency and understand roadmaps.
* You will support the design, development, and implementation of automated processes for capturing, populating and maintaining capacity and system utilization data.
* You will develop advanced queries and reports for management on KPIs to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy
* At least 5-7 years of exposure to IT system integration as a Capacity or IT Engineering Senior Lead/Manager with ITIL knowledge
* 5 years of capacity management and/or technical program management experience
* Support multiple business services and solutions to identify service level and capacity requirements and have experience with private and public cloud.
* Anticipate and interpret business requirements to generate accurate demand trends and forecasts
* Drive alignment around capacity management standard methodologies, including service design and performance assessment, data collection and analysis, and reporting standards
* Very strong communication, presentation, relationship building and planning skills
* Good Programming, scripting, query and data analysis skills
* Strong time management, goals setting and task prioritization abilities
* Proficiency in reporting project progress through dashboard presentations, project metrics, trend analysis, executive reporting
* Excellent communication, leadership and organization skills
* Ability to get results independently and in a multi-functional team oriented environment
* Knowledge of common information security & risk management frameworks such as ISO 27001, ITIL, COBIT, and NIST is preferred
* Deep familiarity with capacity management for large, heterogeneous workloads
* Strong workload and performance analysis skills and experience optimizing compute sharing across batch and online workloads
* Strong Working Knowledge of a variety of technologies including but not limited to Compute, Amazon, Azure, VMware, VDI and architecture strategies to ensure high reliability i
* Experience in application and server migration, network and data center consolidation as well as migration to AWS.
* Ability to perform application and infrastructure discovery and assessments
* Ability to perform server and application dependency analysis
* Knowledge on SAN, Orchestration, Virtualization, and Automation
* Knowledge on Server platform technologies (AIX, VMware, Windows) and Containers (Docker, OpenShift)
* Knowledge on Storage platform technologies (EMC/NetApp, etc.)
* Experience with Python, Java, or C in a Linux/UNIX AWS environment
* 3 years of SQL, Excel, and Reporting/Dashboards tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc) or equivalent data analysis experience
* Knowledge and skills in SQL/Oracle, VMWare, cloud computing, Windows, Linux admin skills, scripting, reporting, MS Office, distributed server capacity/performance management (preferred), preferred experience with the following tools: Teamquest Capacity Management, AWS, VCenter, Splunk, Tableau, and application performance management tools (Dynatrace).
* Well-developed written, verbal communication, presentation, facilitation and tact skills
* Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details
* Ability to work well independently and with a team, self-motivated, dedicated, independent and responsive.
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
* Is able to apply technical expertise across business or functional areas
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment
* 12 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Business or its equivalent or
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Business or its equivalent
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
About Mufg In The Americas
MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is a financial group, which services include corporate banking, commercial banking, consumer banking, wealth management, investment banking, securities, capital markets, personal and corporate trust, and transaction banking.