Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Business Technology Architecture & Innovation
Workday is seeking a Senior Director, Architecture and Innovation Labs, with responsibility for enterprise architecture strategy and roadmap planning, as well as development and delivery for our innovation lab service within Business Technology. This is a collaborative role working across all functions within and outside IT to ensure the platform and products are optimized to help stakeholders meet their objectives and are positioned to drive revenue, scale the business, and remain competitive.
* Sets the direction and establishes the approach for integrating information, applications and programs.
* Integrates the project and program strategies across multiple programs and projects and ensures alignment with business strategies and drivers, and management priorities
* Leads a team that catalogs, develops, coordinates, communicates, maintains, and enforces the overall Enterprise Architecture models, representations, initiatives, capabilities, and standard components used by the Enterprise to perform all business and technology related activities.
* Acts as a consultant in business process analysis and design, and service delivery, particularly with respect to the use of information, and trends and directions
* The Enterprise Architecture teams acts as a Project "Auditor" to ensure conformance and compliance of projects and programs with Architect guidelines. Essentially the "voice of the customer" during development activities
* Builds, leads, and fosters teams to deliver new end-to-end solutions that vary in complexity and cost - large projects ranging from 1 to 2 years programs at .5M to $10M+
* Lead COEs around our cornerstone platforms/technologies. Drives change, adoption, technical exploitation and innovation of the platform
* Interfaces with SVPs/VPs of each core function supported: In addition, navigates through the org to partner in delivering end-to-end solutions and support and is recognized as a proactive and thoughtful business partner
* Develops a high performing internal IT team that executes well AND provides thought leadership in the required domain
* Communication and program management including ensuring proactive partnership and coordination to enable measurable business benefits; serves as escalation and communication point for risk, issue and change management.
* Drive a work space that provides subject-matter expertise on technology trends, knowledge and strategic innovation management, and industry-specific insights
* Develop a cross-functional plan that creates a safe place for new ideas
* Foster systemic change that creates new technology patterns and sustainable ways of operating differently than exist today
* Create out-of-the-box solutions to business technology challenges addressing problems too big for any one group to solve on its own, such as devising alternative business models or new ways of automation
* Draw upon collaborative technologies and dynamics to generate solutions
* Apply a wide range of methods and tools to stimulate creativity, guide discussions, moderate collaboration, as well as develop, prototype, and experiment solutions
* Create space for experimentation through facilitated processes. Encourage participants to try things out on a small scale, take risks, prototype, test and accept failure as part of progress
* Communications, both verbal (e.g.: presentations, seminars, etc.), and written (e.g.: reports, articles, etc.).
* Group session facilitation
* Team leadership
* Marketing ("selling" the results of architectural approaches through presentations)
* Analysis and design
* Modeling and graphical representations and abstractions. Actual experience developing and building models based on The Enterprise Framework.
* Management (e.g.: prioritization, trade-off analysis, psychology, etc.)
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* The successful candidate will have experience in working in innovative projects with fast-paced delivery schedules in startups & large enterprises
* 15+ years of Architecture experience with medium to large-scale production environments
* Proficient understanding of Client Engineering and collaboration technologies.
* Ability to develop business solutions and forecasting requirements
* Proficiency with Identity Management solutions
* Experience with SaaS technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
* Have a thorough understanding of 'cloud' technologies, market trends and ecosystem
* Experience in designing, integrating and managing complex solutions
Workday is a provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.