Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Workday uses the latest technologies in support of processing billions of monthly transactions for the worlds largest enterprises located all across the globe. The Scalability and Capacity Engineering team is looking for the best candidates to help drive performance analysis, optimization and scalability of Workday's leading enterprise cloud HCM & Analytics offerings.
About the Team
The position is within the Performance and Scalability group and is ideally suited to candidates from a performance engineering or development background with a keen focus on performance. The team has a wide remit, from debugging and recreating specific customer issues, to using the latest Big Data techniques in order to extract actionable data and model future capacity and scalability needs. Workday Performance and Scalability Engineers are highly skilled engineers who debug, measure, analyze, and improve our software. They are generalists with deep technical understanding of software, hardware, networking, and the Internet. They enjoy taking a holistic view of complex systems. They are developers, analysts, engineers, testers and data scientists.
About the Role
Does the challenge of ensuring an innovative SaaS architecture is highly performant for critical business needs of large multi-national companies appeal to you? Do you enjoy working with top technical performance architects to tackle hard problems? Do you want to explore this challenge for a fast-growing company poised to be a leader in the SaaS market?
In this role, you would:
* Be a strategic representative for Performance and Scalability team across Development, Product Management, Project Management, Sales, Services and Support organizations
* Responsible for defining roadmap of key services offered by the Performance and Scalability team including a growing list of performance tools and automation frameworks
* Collaborate with Workday's customers, development, performance, operations, services, support and sales teams to understand their requirements
* Work with the technical architects, development, operations, and infrastructure organizations through design, testing, product release, and maintenance
* Guide the application of Data Science and implementation of Intelligence into our technology platform to improve automation and optimize runtime performance
* Guide feature and service requirements based on Data Driven decisions
* Manage uptake of new enhancements by coordinating with internal development
* Define a product roadmap and determine objectives and key success measures.
* Participate in customer facing situations and user conferences as a product expert
* Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to adapt to change
* Experience with making Data Driven decisions
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Software Testing and Deployment pipelines
* Solid understanding of operations of complex systems in private and public data centers
* Experience in building highly scalable, dynamically deployed, reliable systems
* Experience in distributed systems
* Experience with in-memory object graph systems
* Ability to clearly articulate product requirements and prioritize enhancement requests
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Flexible and able to adapt to change
* Experienced with scrum and other agile development methods
* Experience with SaaS
* Experience with automation technologies
* 4+ years of product management, or relevant development / data science experience
* 4+ years of SaaS software and complex distributed system experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical major
* Candidate would work at our Pleasanton, CA headquarters
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.