Job Number: 25152
Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Senior Devops Engineer, Informatica Cloud Operations
Our Team Informatica Cloud is the clear market leader of the Integration Platform-as-a-Service (iPaaS) providers. We provide Data Integration, Data Quality, Information Lifecycle Management, Test Data Management, Master Management and other Enterprise Information Management solution as a service on the cloud. Thousands of customers rely on our service to move billions of records daily.
The Cloud Operations team is responsible for the management, monitoring and operation of our Cloud service. We utilize cutting edge Cloud hosting, monitoring and deployment technologies to deliver a world class, non-disruptive Cloud user experience to our customers.
Our Ideal Candidate You are a bright, organized, and dedicated Software-as-a-Service Operations Lead with hands-on experience in designing LAMP architecture; deep knowledge of both QA testing methodology and application management; and expert skills in Automation and Orchestration Management of the product delivery process. You are comfortable with supporting and operating high availability Cloud services. You are self-motivated with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
In this individual contributor role, you will report to the Sr. Director of Operations, Informatica Cloud, and be based in the company's Redwood City, CA location. You will:
* Architect the SaaS Cloud deployment, collaborating with R&D teams to design the next generation of application deployment architecture, and developing the orchestration strategy and automation framework for the product delivery process
* Operate and administer the Informatica Cloud Services (ICS) and infrastructure using Chef/Jenkins, Maven, Nagios, logstash deployment, SumoLogic and monitoring tools
* Operate and administer the Informatica Cloud Services (ICS) components deployed on Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
* Support the agile software development process among cross-functional teams to ensure smooth product delivery
* Perform incident/alert troubleshooting, problem analysis and provide high quality solutions to technical issues
* Liaison with the Informatica Security Council to manage and defined ICS application security compliance standards
* Design and implement the PSR strategy at the application and database layer to improve application efficiency and effectiveness
* Define and implement the Disaster Recovery process
* Manage RCA, Incident Process, and Risk Analysis of Informatica Cloud Services
* Create scalable alerting and auto remediation systems.
* Perform advanced troubleshooting and monitoring of our systems to ensure adequate SLA and capacity requirement.
* 7 or more years of overall service delivery experience, of which at least 5 years are in managing Cloud operation production environments and critical business services.
* Proficiency with the Amazon AWS ecosystem
* Advanced LAMP (Linux+Apache Tomcat + MySQL+PHP) Web Application management expertise is required
* Experience with Networking technology: such as DYN/NetNames and Load balancer is required
* Strong knowledge of Cloud automation deployment process using Orchestration management, such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet, is required
* Deep knowledge in setting up logging/monitoring tool, such as Nagios, and Logstash is required
* Strong Scripting language knowledge, such as Python, Shell, or Perl, is required
* Deep knowledge of performing compliance and security audits and experience in defining, configuring, and implementing disaster recovery process is a big plus
* Deep knowledge of MySQL DB schema design and performance tuning tasks is a big plus
* Ability to work under considerable pressure managing multiple tasks and priorities
* Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality results with attention to details
* Strong interpersonal and team communications skills are essential
* Ability to rapidly learn new software, frameworks, open source tools and development languages.
* Configuration and maintenance of common infrastructure such as Apache, haproxy.
* Strong knowledge of large-scale internet service architecture
* Strong understanding of Unix and TCP/IP fundamentals.
* BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent; advanced degree a plus
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Devops Engineer, Informatica Cloud Operations
At Informatica, We "DATA". We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US
Informatica provides enterprise data integration software solutions and services for Oracle, PeopleSoft and Siebel environments.