Job Number: 26095
Position Title: Senior Director, Product Mgmt
Senior Director of Product Management- Informatica Cloud Platform
Everything Informatica does begin and ends with data. Simply stated, we make great data - data that is connected, clean and safe -- ready to use so that all enterprises can be data ready and put their unique information potential to work. A data ready enterprise is decision-ready, customer-ready, application-ready, cloud-ready and regulation-ready. And by design, our Intelligent Data Platform delivers great data to enable our customers to be ready for anything.
Informatica is the leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management. Informatica Cloud and IPaaS (Integration Platform as a Service) is an important and most strategic component of Informatica Strategy. The product management team for the cloud platform is on is on the road to build the future multitenant platform to cover all aspects of Integration and Data Management for cloud and hybrid use cases. Since data is fundamental to all organizations today, this effort is critical to the industry and Informatica' s growth. In the common cloud platform, we will host multitenant services that addresses various integration patterns such as Application Integration and Big data and streaming in the cloud, and data quality and Master data management. The platform also has an intelligence layer built-in that uses AI to provide recommendations to users on how to better address their data management challenges. The goal is to also host the platform in multiple geos and on popular cloud infrastructure including AWS and Azure.
The team will play a significant role in platform innovation and expanding Informatica offerings to support the latest market and technology trends around cloud platforms and hosting. The goal is to be the next AWS for datacentric services including Integration and Data Management including Data Integration, Application Integration, Cloud Analytics, Process Automation, Internet of Things, Big Data and Data Governance.
In this newly-created cloud platform role, you will help shape the direction of Informatica Cloud platform that enables us to further our leadership position in a highly competitive and rapidly changing market. You will:
* Work with other teams including Cloud Operations and Engineering and infrastructure teams to help drive requirements for the backend and infrastructure for the cloud platform.
* Evangelize the cloud platform with customers, prospects, partners as well as internal groups such as R&D, product marketing, Sales, Technical Sales and Customer Support
* Lead the market/technology research developing deep understanding of the technology, market and competitors in the cloud space.
* Our Ideal Candidate
* You have experience and deep technical and working knowledge of IaaS, Middleware (PaaS), SaaS, and other cloud-based software and platforms.
* You have deep working background in how to deploy scalable applications on AWS, Azure or GCP.
* Knowledge of containers and orchestration using frameworks such as Kubernetes, and virtualization in general.
* You have good background and understanding of cloud architecture and fundamentals of defining scalable multitenant systems and microservices based architectures. This also includes good understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery patterns.
* You have good knowledge in cloud security related areas and how to ensure we follow security by design principles in cloud service design and evolution.
* You possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big picture vision and drive to make the vision a reality
* You are a leader who will make things happen working collaboratively with various cross functional teams
* You enjoy spending time understanding the market and technology shifts in cloud, understanding customer problems, synthesizing needs and defining innovative products and solutions
* You are comfortable being hands-on in fast moving and rapidly changing technologies and products.
* Your Responsibilities
* As an integral member of the product team, you are charged with product line success. Based in Redwood City, California, you will:
* Prioritize product and multi-tenant deployment architecture direction for the IICS multitenant cloud platform that can scale and host various types of data and data management related services
* Work closely with cross-organization and cross-functional R&D leaders and Cloud Operation team to define and guide cloud platform strategy and product lifecycle.
* Ensure cloud platform adheres to security guidelines and principles
* Provide the platform to surface intelligence and recommendations to platform end users
* Cater to external customer needs and internal teams to define the growth and direction of the cloud platform.
* Provide thought leadership and evangelism of the cloud platform internally and externally to partners
* Your Qualifications and Experience
* 15+ total years in Product management and Engineering roles, with at least 10 years of Product Management experience.
* Strong 5+ years prior experience in cloud-based infrastructure software, including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS. Candidates from IaaS vendors are preferred.
* Good understanding and in-depth knowledge of existing cloud IaaS platforms such as AWS, Azure and GCP.
* Technically strong and enjoys being hands-on
* Ability to contribute to defining a strategic vision and to articulate it in front of a variety of audiences including customers and partners and internal teams.
* Experience with middleware (application development and integration) products and technologies is a plus - Data Integration, ETL, EAI, Enterprise Service Bus, Service Orchestration, BPM, Web and Application Servers, User Interface.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong relationships and establishing credibility with customers, prospects, analysts, sales, R&D, and the management team are a must
* Self-motivated and team-oriented
* Bachelors/ Master's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or a related technical discipline
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) : NA
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director of Product Management - Informatica Cloud Platform
At Informatica, We "DATA". We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US
Informatica provides enterprise data integration software solutions and services for Oracle, PeopleSoft and Siebel environments.