Job Number: 26038
Position Title: Senior Project Management
We're currently looking for a Senior Program/Project Manager with experience in Program/release Management to join our CTG team in Redwood City, CA.
As a program manager, you will work with a world class engineers to deliver the next generation Products using the latest cutting-edge cloud technology, such as Amazon AWS, Saleforce.com, Microsoft Azure and Docker, to provide non-disruptive cloud Enterprise Information Management cloud service to our customers.
As our Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing large scale software development releases. In the role of Senior Program Manager, you must be able to work and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Working as the Senior Program Manager you must have strong technical, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
Technology You'll Use:
* Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Tools, Java, AWS, Hadoop Ammar Master
Day-to-day Duties? Here's What You'll Be Doing
* Lead the coordination of product release management activities across product management, multiple development and test teams, business units and functions in compliance with the company's documented release management process
* Lead / help with continuous process improvement initiatives across Informatica R&D teams
* Serve as a scrum master for one or more development teams.
* Facilitate the planning and implementation of cross-functional software release and software development projects
* Champion the development process, the quality of our software, and the delivery of the product.
* Work with product managers and development managers to define the project scope and objectives,
* Develop a detailed project plan to track, monitor, and report on product and development team deliverables.
* Proactively manage changes in the releases, identify potential hurdles, and devise contingency plans.
* Handle multiple product release projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines while effectively managing priorities
* Plan and schedule product release management activities, and track release deliverables using appropriate tools
* Work with development teams, Legal Department, DevOps, and Technical Writers to ensure that appropriate legal steps have been taken and that all product documentation and legal notices are appropriately prepared
* Work with Customer Support, Licensing, and Shipping Department to ensure that all necessary steps to achieve shipping readiness have been completed before deployment.
* 7+ years as a software program manager or scrum master in an Agile development environment
* BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
* Strong working knowledge of JIRA and Planning tools
* Proven working experience in agile Software development is a must
* Experience project managing large, enterprise-wide product development projects involving cross-functional teams.
* Experience implementing and tracking release and project performance metrics
* Strong leadership, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to effectively manage globally distributed cross-functional projects
* Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
What We'd Like to See
* Ability to work independently and move projects forward with little direction.
* Ability to navigate several active projects and manage time accordingly
* CSM, PMP or similar certifications is a plus.
* Programming background is strongly desired.
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Program manager
At Informatica, We "DATA". We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US
Informatica provides enterprise data integration software solutions and services for Oracle, PeopleSoft and Siebel environments.