Job Number: 26049
Position Title: Desktop Systems Analyst
END USER SERVICES ANALYST
Our Ideal Candidate
You have extensive experience with front line and second line IT support. Must have strong customer focused skills with a service and solution orientated approach dealing with users. Strong communication skills and be able to influence and persuade people. Must be analytical and able to apply structured approaches to problem solving. Must be well-organized, good at prioritizing and attentive to detail. Excellent time management skills and ability to work to strict timescales. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work alone as well as in a team.
* Being the local IT point of contact for the business
* Collecting feedback from customers and acting as a translator between IT and the business and understanding how Informatica's business works
* Acting as a technical consultant for the business, solving technical problems that add business value
* Initial setup of IT services as part of the new hire process (incl. delivering IT induction)
* Ongoing configuration and maintenance of IT supported hardware and software standards
* Software and hardware installation, setup and configuration (e.g. system imaging)
* Software and hardware fault analysis, troubleshooting and fault resolution
* Occasionally conducting training programs such as brown-bag sessions designed to educate Informatica's internal users about getting the most from their applications
* Ad hoc setup and configuration of desk telephone equipment and softphones
* Provide second level application support for various productivity applications and tools
* IT support of regional office moves, expansions and acquisitions
* IT support as part of project roll-outs and migrations
* Providing executive support and specialist event management support
* Providing emergency support for regional sites
* Representing regional customer needs when working with other IT teams
* Ensuring that IT services meet and at times exceeds customer expectations
* Ensuring consistent delivery of quality solutions that meet operational deadlines
* Working closely with the global desktop, networking and operations teams to ensure the smooth delivery of IT solutions into the region
* Regional testing of software patches, updates and new software packages
* Collecting, tracking and documenting information as part of the inventory of IT assets
* VIP Support including laptop health checks for C Level executives
* Event Management, All Hands meeting support and conferencing for 4000+ employees
* Tracking all support and change requests through the ServiceNow application
* Demonstrating accountability and see him or herself as responsible for IT meeting customer expectations
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in a desktop support role in IT
* Industry recognized engineering, computer science or IT Bachelor level degree
* Must have very good knowledge of computer hardware and software in general
* Proven track record supporting MS Windows operating systems (particularly Windows 7 and 10), Active Directory and MS Office (including MS Outlook)
* Must be flexible in terms of availability and ability to travel to other regional offices (around 25% of time).
* Must have good written and verbal English skills
* Linux and/or Apple Mac Experience
* Familiarity with phone systems such as Cisco VoIP desk phones
* Experience working on projects
* Experience in a Customer Support call center environment
* Experience using a helpdesk or IT issue and problems tracking system such as ServiceNow
* Experience setting up and configuring Lenovo laptops and desktops
* Experience setting up new offices from the ground up (including cabling and other IT services)
* Has worked in a large multi-national environments that span the globe
* A good understanding of "Quality" as it relates to Customer satisfaction
City: Redwood City
Alternative Location(s) :
Community / Marketing Title: Desktop Systems Analyst
At Informatica, We "DATA". We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Life at Informatica
Follow us to meet our team, learn more about life, careers, and events at Informatica. Conquering the Impossible with data, come join #LifeAtINFA!
Travel Requirement: Limited
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US
Informatica provides enterprise data integration software solutions and services for Oracle, PeopleSoft and Siebel environments.