Intuit's ProConnect Group is looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer, Data Infrastructure with a passion for automation, ready for an opportunity to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique to Intuit while using your expertise in databases, operations, automation, public cloud, big data and large-scale systems. We are looking for someone who can design, code and maintain high performance and available infrastructure.
* Responsible for driving database operational excellence for our services to deliver an "always on" operation, year-round, at the right cost.
* Uses the knowledge of technology and operational best practices to drive the design, development and implementation of database operational standards and capabilities for our services enabling highly available, scalable & reliable customer experiences.
* Developing the database monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts.
* Working closely with Product development for database operational aspects of the release, for resiliency patterns and ensuring that the customer experience is monitored, measured and improved release over release.
* Support the database migration to AWS with automation all the way and with no manual intervention anywhere in the flow.
* Manage all database operational aspects of hosting environments in AWS and traditional data centers.
* Provide Tier-2 support and participate in 24x7 on-call incident escalation rotation.
* Utilize proven skills and knowledge, to provide troubleshooting and timely resolution of database, performance, systems and infrastructure incidents.
* Developing and driving incident management processes, playbooks and stakeholder communication mechanisms.
* B.S. or higher in Computer Science
* 5+ years of experience with Cassandra and/Oracle database technologies.
* 2+ years of experience with AWS and operating database technologies in AWS, such as RDS, Aurora and/or DynamoDB.
* 3+ years systems administration experience managing enterprise Unix/Linux environments.
* 5+ years of experience performing database administration tasks in medium to large scale, Linux based Oracle RAC and ASM development and production environments, including design/modeling, SQL PL/SQL script development, monitoring, performance tuning, backups and recovery using RMAN, software installations and upgrades.
* Strong knowledge of Oracle 11g, 12c database, Oracle RAC and ASM architecture, its implementation and performance tuning.
* Strong knowledge of Oracle GoldenGate replication including installation, upgrades, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting replication errors.
* Hands on experience with Oracle OEM including monitoring, alerting, incident management and troubleshooting.
* Scripting and programming experience using Python.
* Experience with Configuration management e.g. chef, cloud formation, terraform or equivalent and automated database deployments.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
* Databases: Cassandra, RDS, Aurora, MySQL, Oracle.
* Source Control: GitHub
* Scripting languages: Python, Ruby, bash, batch.
* Monitoring: AppDynamics, Wavefront, Splunk.
* Configuration Management: Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack.
* Hosting: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure.
Intuit is a company that provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers, and accounting professionals.