Come join Intuit as a Seasonal Tax Analyst for Software Development
Tax Analyst team members are tax law subject matter experts. They apply ever-increasing understanding of income tax compliance issues in service to the development of tax preparation software for our Professional Tax Group customers, i.e., tax preparers across North America.
Tax Analysts develop requirements that are used to gather tax data, calculate tax scenarios and they validate that the tax software is in compliance with tax authority regulations. They may use specialized tools, templates and frameworks to:
* Interpret tax laws into logical requirements that are used to create our tax offerings.
* Develop business rules to ensure compliance with requirements
* Validate tax scenarios for completeness and accuracy focusing on the entire tax experience across products, federal/states, and individual/business.
* Analyze tax data to determine customer usage and impact, assess risks to tax scope and help develop risk mitigation strategies
* Interact with customers and government agencies as Intuit forges strong relationships and partnerships
* Analysis of tax law changes, including moderate to highly complex tax issues
* Clearly articulates requirements regarding changes to forms, calculations and diagnostic messaging within specifications written for software engineers
* Gathers and documents Tax Code Requirements for quality and development purposes
* Could likely be involved in programming to implement tax law content changes
* Builds and maintains relationships with internal groups that require tax expertise
* Customer interaction to gather learnings or provide assistance
* Interact with government agencies in the course of development process and relationship-building
* Responsible for ensuring all deliverables are on-time and of high quality - Quality is defined as contributing to solutions that deliver an excellent end-to-end customer experience and a high measure of compliance with business and technical requirements, and product/process documentation
* Applies standard practices and procedures to implement tax product changes, and regularly experiments with ways to improve these processes
* Proactively seeks and obtains guidance from Senior and Staff Tax Analysts, and uses these opportunities to develop skills and knowledge
* Routinely demonstrates effective execution of development processes
* Continuously develops research and analysis skills for federal and state tax legislation, code, regulations, forms and instructions
* Able to clearly communicate moderate to complex federal and state tax issues to Product Management, Software Engineers, Technical Support and Quality specialists to facilitate their understanding of relevant issues
* Develops test cases based on tax scenarios and executes the scenarios to validate and verify accuracy and completeness of the software.
* Reports defects and quality metrics, and collaborates with Quality Engineers on automation of the tests and triaging of test results
* Drives or leads improvement and research projects
* Trains and mentors more junior-level Tax Analysts, helping them grow to higher levels of effectiveness
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field. MS Accounting, MIS or Taxation and/or MBA highly desirable
* 3-7 years income tax preparation or analysis experience
* Certification in tax-related field highly desirable - Enrolled Agent and/or CPA is preferred
* Previous in-depth utilization of tax preparation software is highly preferred
* Strong understanding of federal and state taxation, preferably in multiple tax categories: Individual, business, non-profit, estates and trusts, etc.
* Strong business analysis skills demonstrating strong business acumen
* Aptitude/ability to learn tax content development programming skills
* Positive "change agent" mindsets: leadership, optimism, innovation, continuous improvement of work processes
* Exhibits continuous learning approaches w/ expanding influence
* Consultative, customer-focused approach to problem solving
* Demonstrates increasingly influential product leadership and decision-making skills
* Ability to partner across teams and functions, and influence across boundaries
* Highly organized with strong attention to detail
* Superior computer skills, including proficiency in moderate to complex operations utilized in spreadsheet programs or other common computer applications
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Intuit provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.