First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, we are responsible for delivering accurate data reporting to help promote data fluency, improve client service and inform business decisions across the enterprise. We aim to maximize the value of the Bank's data to capitalize on competitive opportunities in increasingly sophisticated ways.
Discover the independence to grow and drive change.
As a Senior Data Virtualization Engineer, you'll work with data virtualization solutions, particularly Denodo, as well as database, data lake and data warehouse technologies both on premise and in the cloud. You'll collaborate across business groups in establishing data virtualization governance standards, drawing on your strong background in analysis, software and database design, development, testing and deployment. You'll have the opportunity to use your strategic thinking and coordination skills and take a very hands-on role with requirements, design, development, testing, deliverable preparation and other related activities.
What you'll do as a Senior Data Virtualization Engineer:
* Work on end-to-end (design, development, maintenance and evolution) implementation of data virtualization solutions.
* Take responsibility for the research, delivery, implementation and support of data virtualization technical solutions.
* Serve as a liaison between business and technology groups while maintaining alignment with the Bank's security and information technology policies.
* Drive Denodo technical excellence and implementation of best practices.
* Perform prioritized planning and execution of Denodo view development and release schedules while iteratively defining and refining processes.
* Manage the Denodo development workflow, including reviewing requests, testing developer releases and deploying final production packages.
* Implement the Denodo data catalog and new features, fix bugs, and maintain testing and automation where appropriate.
* Define and execute test cases for any production deployments for enterprise views.
* Coordinate and collaborate with other teams in support of product upgrades and patches.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field (preferred)
* Five or more years of experience delivering enterprise solutions to financial services organizations as a hands-on engineer developing complex systems architecture
* Five or more years of database and related technology experience
* Three or more years of Denodo data virtualization development and administration experience
* Denodo implementation experience (preferred)
* Experience installing, patching and upgrading Denodo server-side applications
* Experience working with a variety of database platforms (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server)
* Amazon Web Services experience (preferred)
* Familiarity with Windows Server
* Demonstrated experience with shell scripting
* Familiarity with LDAP or Active Directory
* Knowledge of version control software
* The ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems in a multitiered environment
* An understanding of database and warehouse systems at enterprise scale
* Experience developing on the Linux operating system (including the ability to install and configure software, start and stop services, troubleshoot issues, etc.)
* The ability to identify and solve for points of integration with other technology and tools
* Experience working with governance models and guidelines in the data management area
* Experience developing best practices, presentations, training materials or documentation on data virtualization use within the enterprise
* The ability to train others and develop team members' expertise in data virtualization
* Skill in negotiating in tough situations with internal and external groups, demonstrating both directness and diplomacy
* The ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all, working as a team player and encouraging collaboration
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.