First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Data & Client Insights, we are responsible for delivering accurate data reporting to help promote data fluency, improve client service, and inform business decisions across the enterprise. We aim to maximize the value of the Bank's data to capitalize on competitive opportunities in increasingly sophisticated ways.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Java Developer, you will develop core algorithms for building the Bank's analytics platform, which will act as an abstraction layer between data warehouses and its consumers from the analytics, reporting or data science teams.
What you'll do as a Java Developer:
* Write code to access data warehouses and extract the data as Java objects, which are then serialized into byte streams.
* Create an API for analysts/users of the Java objects to take outputs of analytics functions written in Python or SQL and persist these outputs into the Java objects.
* Extract data from Java objects and byte streams and create industry standard formats like Apache Parquet or Mongo collections.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* Strong experience with the full software development life cycle: architecting scalable platforms, object-oriented programming, database design and Agile methodologies
* Strong aptitude in core infrastructure development using Core Java; along with database programming (JDBC/ODBC), data serialization, data buffers and networking using TCP sockets, multithreading and distributed computing
* Proficiency in SQL databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, particularly using application access
* Working experience with Git and setting CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
* Experience in setting up, using and deploying unit testing frameworks like JUnit and Google Test
* Proficiency using design patterns and building web services in both Java- and Python-based environments
* In-depth understanding of HTTP, TLS/SSL/Kerberos security mechanisms and REST architecture
* Familiarity with basic UNIX /Linux internals, basic cryptography and security
* Experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud platform and various Python Integrated Development Environments
* Prior experience using Google protobuf libraries and gRPC for cross-platform communication in Java/C++/Python, along with knowledge of Redis/MongoDB or other cloud-based data store is desirable
* Aptitude with Pandas and NumPY Python libraries during development lifecycle is desirable
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.