First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. We offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. Founded in 1985, we believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued at First Republic.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Data & Client Insights, we are responsible for delivering accurate data reporting to help promote data fluency, improve client service, and inform business decisions across the enterprise. We aim to maximize the value of the Bank's data to capitalize on competitive opportunities in increasingly sophisticated ways.
Common goals, uncommon potential
The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for developing data solutions on top of existing database structures, implement streaming capabilities to source transactional data into the bank's data lake and implement on best design practices to optimize data storage and usage . The developer will interact with business users, development and testing teams in planning, developing business requirements, documentation and automated test scripts to support CI/CD.
What you'll do as a Senior Data Engineer:
* Build scalable, efficient and high-performance pipelines/ workflows that are capable of processing large amounts of batch and real-time data
* Build out our data service architecture to support internal and customer facing application use cases
* Multidisciplinary work supporting real-time streams, ETL pipelines, data warehouses and reporting services
* Use Big Data technologies such as Kafka, Data lake on AWS S3, EMR, Spark and related technologies to store, move, and query data
* Bring new and innovative solutions to the table to resolve challenging software issues as they may develop throughout the product lifecycle
* Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS 'big data' technologies
* Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
* Respond quickly to bug fixes and enhancement requests and be able to take directions and complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision.
* Follow coding best practices-Unit testing, design/code reviews, code coverage, documentation etc.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* Strong hands-on experience with Apache Spark with extensive knowledge on Spark Streaming and Data Frames, Kafka.
* Strong experience in Python, Pandas, Django, NumPy
* Experience with RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
* Expertise in operational data stores and real time data integration
* Worked with automated build tools, continuous integration using Jenkins CI/CD
* Sound knowledge of repeatable automated processes for building, testing, documenting and deploying an application at scale
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, taking initiative to recommend and develop innovative solutions
* Strong experience with SQL and Relational databases.
* Knowledge in stream processing technologies such as the Confluent Platform and Spark Streaming
* Familiarity with Hadoop and the big data ecosystem
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
* Must be able to travel as position requires.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.