At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
This individual will be a data scientist on the Uber Elevate team who will be mostly in charge of building novel solutions and algorithms. They will be tasked with making our existing system more scalable by introducing novel solutions and building new features by working with stakeholders. This individual will also be working on ad hoc projects throughout the Elevate ecosystem that require data, prediction, and optimization. They need to have very strong coding abilities and connect well with a product that evolves very rapidly.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Provide analysis using optimization and machine learning models to improve business processes and decisions.
* Define creative solutions to business problems using advanced mathematical algorithms.
* Partner closely with engineering, operations, business, and infrastructure groups.
* Build and validate prototypes to demonstrate the benefits from proposed changes to decision systems and operational processes.
What You'll Need
* Minimum of 3 years of experience outside of an academic setting
* M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or other quantitative discipline strongly preferred.
* Optimization, machine learning/statistical modeling, data analytics and experimentation skills.
* Ability to drive clarity on the best modeling or analytic solution for a business objective.
* Experience driving research and development.
* Experience communicating with both technical and business people. Ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience.
* Ability to develop statistical analysis and machine learning software in a language like Python or Java.
* Optimistic and charismatic. The candidate should be comfortable with and willing to collaborate with both individual contributor and managers across the company.
About Uber Elevate
On-demand aviation has the potential to radically improve urban mobility, giving people back time lost in their daily commutes. A network of small, electric aircraft that take off and land vertically (VTOLs) will enable rapid, reliable transportation between suburbs and cities and, ultimately, within cities. Elevate is the name of Uber's internal team and initiative focused on launching the Uber Air product. The Elevate initiative includes software development, data science, battery development, infrastructure to support a distributed network of Skyports, operations, partnerships, and vehicle design.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.