At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About The Role
Uber's Customer Obsession Data Science team is looking for world class data scientists to join the team, a group responsible for ensuring every Uber customer support experience is world-class. Specifically, this team works to build self-service technology and processes that are deeply integrated with the Uber customer support experience, making it easy for our customers and customer support representatives to get to the right outcome, faster. They're also responsible for building the models and algorithms that help Uber customers answer their own questions or, even better, avoid the need for a customer support experience at all. To achieve these goals, our team is looking for data scientists with diverse experience in areas such as Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, and conversational agents.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
As data scientists on the Customer Obsession Data Science team, we are responsible for owning end-to-end development of data products and solutions.
* Enabling automated resolution of customer contacts providing a delightful user experience to both customers and support agents
* Building rich chat experiences in a variety of products for riders, drivers, eaters to help users solve their support needs with as little friction as possible
* Predicting customer intent via text and mobile events and leverage these signals to provide predictive and proactive customer experiences
* MS or PhD in computer science, statistics, or a quantitative domain
* 3+ years professional experience (post-graduation) delivering, scaling, and leading highly successful and innovative machine learning products
* Demonstrable proficiency in coding (Python, Spark, or R preferred) and programming concepts
* Know core ML concepts (i.e. feature discovery and engineering, model validation, retraining strategies) like the back of your hand
* Substantial depth in at least a few key areas of NLP such as classic NLP approaches (i.e. LDA, TF-IDF), embeddings based techniques (i.e. word2vec, doc2vec, GloVe), neural architectures (i.e. CNN, RNN, attention), variational inference techniques (LDA).
* Familiarity with experimentation and statistical principles (i.e. confidence intervals, sampling distributions, Bayes' Theorem)
* A commitment to learning - We want someone who seeks to deliver impact, but also invests in themselves and others.
* A strong communicator who can partner with others to set a vision and then collaborate to deliver impactful results that are well explained.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.