At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
You will take on the challenge of understanding the complex Freight industry and use your data expertise to establish order from chaos. You will be working as part of the Marketplace Dynamics Engineering team at Uber Freight, which assists the interactions between different market participants. Your work will enable Pricing, Matching and Health efforts of the Marketplace Dynamics team. You will work closely with a cross functional team of Engineers, Data Scientists & Operation Analysts to automate and optimize Uber Freight's business. You will build foundational dataset to power analytics as well as feature sets to power machine learning models.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team What You'll Do
* Architect Uber Freight's canonical data, which will be central to all decision making processes across systems and operations.
* Partner with Uber Data engineering team and evolve data platform tech to empower Freight eng teams to self serve their own data needs.
* Build centralized machine learning feature store for all data science models in Uber Freight
* Drive data efforts related to major Freight / Uber wide initiatives: IPO readiness, privacy, compliance, international expansion, resource planning and optimization.
* Work closely with Uber's Data Infrastructure team to help evolve the platform with Freight specific needs.
What You'll Need
* 5 Minimum Years of Experience with Data Engineering
About the Team
Uber Freight is the fastest growing business vertical within Uber. We are a technology driven freight brokerage, where we match shipper demands with carrier capacity, bring efficiency gains and cost reduction to all logistics participants. Our vision is to build a logistics network that make freight accessible to everyone in the marketplace.
Marketplace Dynamics Engineering team is at the center of the interaction between different market participants. We focus on these areas: Pricing, Matching, Health & Data. As part of the Data Platform team, you will be enabling product innovations across Uber Freight's engineering and operation teams.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.