Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Concentrated on leveraging company and external data to develop predictive models and other insights that provide business leaders with recommendations for revenue and process optimization, role incumbent(s) will define business problems and identify the data needed to solve problems.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Independently developing predictive models, leveraging internal and external data, to optimize sales performance, customer experience, and marketing spend
* Building models in Azure, and working with the team to ensure any business-accepted models can be moved into production;
* Collaborating with business analysts and data engineers to gather data for analysis; and Leading testing of data quality and completeness for modeling attributes.
* Analyzes organizational data to recommend solutions to new and complex problems, develops innovative strategies, quantifies the competitive performance of the organization's operations and/or markets.
* Produces written reports and recommendations for internal consumption, including problem statement, methods, interpretation of findings, and business implications.
* Provides ad-hoc support to internal clients for data mining and other analytics. May provide guidance to lower level staff, but has no formal supervisory responsibility.
* Degree in quantitative field, such as data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics.
* 5 years of experience using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that influence company decision-making. Proficient with building data pipelines from larger data sets.
* Excellent problem solving skills as well as critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities. Intermediate to advanced proficiency in SQL and R or Python.
* Experience with cloud tools and structures, preferably Azure.
* Experience with distributed data and computing tools: MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
* Continued interest in further building mathematical and programming skills.
* A background in insurance, insurance brokerage, or financial services desirable.
* Pursuit of a Master's or PhD in quantitative field, such as data science, statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics.
* Good communication skills to provide highly technical, analytical assessments to team leaders.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
* Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
About Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.