Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The IT Architecture Specialist Senior is responsible for the execution of capacity management, performance management, preventive maintenance, diagnosing complex issues, and work with various technology disciplines in troubleshooting service deficiencies. Within this role, you would have the opportunity to manage planning and execution of technology, contribution to strategic planning within Systems Infrastructure Stack (both on-prem and Cloud technology), and creation of reference designing and deployment as an area expert. You would consider the size, resources, data needs, desired user experience and budget of each business unit to determine their computing needs. An ideal candidate would be a subject-matter expert in Microsoft Technologies, Orchestration, and Cloud Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze and resolve end user software program and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion ensuring the availability of desktops and seamless applications to clients and employees * Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure * Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards, best practices and within compliance * Primary responsibility is to implement, monitor, and improve the performance of infrastructure systems and all access to networks * Responsible for Design, Support and Capacity planning for IT infrastructure * Responsible for maintaining operational stability, process documentation, security measures, testing, developing, software, and related technologies * Conducts advanced research on software, products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the industry * Provides support as needed outside of normal business hours * Practices asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information * Serves as key technical resource for team, providing advice, training and technical support for various projects and day to day operations * Provides mentoring for the more junior members of the support team, assisting in their technical and interpersonal skill development * Strategy and Planning * The Systems Architect is responsible for designing and implementing short and long-term goals for managing and maintaining systems and software used at Gallagher. * They provide expertise and architectural assistance to other IT personnel at Gallagher. * Acquisition & Deployment * Selected candidate will design, create, and monitor the implementation of end to end integrated systems, as well as review new and existing systems and make recommendations for system changes or improvements. * Operational Management * System Architects consult with department heads and end-users to further infrastructure development. * They develop and execute test plans to check technical performance of infrastructure and report findings/make recommendations for improvements or standardization. * Integrity of Systems * The System Architect is tasked with a balanced and focused development of the system and its maintenance no matter if requirements change. For example, if a reduction in cost is required, the System Architect must not sacrifice the system's performance or reliability. * Proven experience developing strategic system architecture plans
Additional Considerations/Skills Seeking:
* Extensive experience in system and network creation and development
* Solid understanding of information processing fundamentals and best practices
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience conducting technology, trends, standards and products research
* Solid track record in prioritizing and executing tasks when under extreme pressure
* Experience providing guidance and leadership to novice systems engineers
* Working knowledge of VMware.
* Experience deploying and supporting containers a plus (Docker, Kubernetes, VIC)
* Experience with public cloud infrastructure (Azure and AWS)
* Experience with Orchestration Tools such as SCORCH, Puppet,or Ansible
* Solid experience with scripting languages such as Python or Powershell
* Experience with HPe iLO, OA, Oneview or Synergy a plus. Cisco UCS, UCSM, UCS Central
* Working knowledge of different storage types and connectivity methods and what the benefits/downsides are for each (SAS,SATA,Flash,NFS,FC)
* Experience with the Microsoft Stack (such as Active Directory, DNS, Group Policies, Messaging, MQ, and Windows Server)
* Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years related experience OR a High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 10 or more years related experience
* IT Industry Certifications * Experience within IT Infrastructure Engineering or Architect role in a large, multi-site environment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills * Able to work with internal and external customers * Able to work in a team environment; emphasis on sharing of knowledge through good communications and written documentation * Strong interpersonal skills
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered * Must be 18 years of age or older * Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation * Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization * Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
About Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.