Based in beautiful Carlsbad, California, we are CalAmp, the pure-play pioneering leader of the Connected Car, Connected Truck and broader Internet of Things (IoT) marketplace. Currently, we are seeking a Principal Firmware Engineer with at least 7 years of experience to help our next generation of telematics devices. This is an exciting opportunity for those who wish to work for a stable, well-established company that builds transformational technologies within the revolutionary domain of IoT.
We believe that people are our greatest asset and we are committed to being an employer of choice in our industry. CalAmp offers an engaging and diverse work environment that permits our people to take pride in their contributions and share in the company's success. Our employees can expect the space to showcase their talent, sharpen their skills, develop new capabilities, and be a part of a global team that develops revolutionary technologies. We proudly offer the stability and security of a large publicly-traded tech company without the rigidity and red tape.In particular, we offer:
* Meaningful work with the potential to disrupt an entire industry
* Visionary leadership
* Excellent compensation packages
* An extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits
* Flexible time off policy and accommodating work schedules
* Education Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
* Access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
* Innovative, intelligent, collaborative teammates
* Implement firmware and device drivers for current and next generation telematics devices interfacing with a variety of sensors, cellular radios and chipsets.
* Work closely with Product Management and other teams to define requirements for new products/features.
* Architect, Design, Test and Debug firmware in a fast-paced environment.
* Expert level proficiency in C programming
* Strong experience in RTOS (ex: FreeRTOS, ThreadX, pSOS, etc.)
* Experience in developing firmware, device drivers on a resource constrained embedded environment
* Experience with protocols SPI, I2C, USB etc.
* BS in Computer Science, Eletrical Engineer, or similiar
* Experience with Embedded Linux
* Experience in board bringup
* Strong math and algorithm development capabilities
* Experience with accelerometer/gyro
* Experience with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Wifi
* Familiarity with scopes and logic analyzers
* Familiarity with Cellular technologies 3G, LTE Cat 1, Cat M
* Familiarity with TLS and Security Protocols
* Ability to mentor junior engineers
* Experience working with cross functional teams to identify requirements and troubleshoot field issues
* MS in Computer Science, Eletrical Engineer, or similiar
If you are a talented Principal Firmware Engineer with at least 7 years of experience and an interest in the Internet of Things domain, we want to speak with you. Interviews are occurring this week and next so apply now if interested.
CalAmp is a company offering software applications, cloud services, and telematics devices.