The Senior Analyst Business Application-Billing designs, successfully implements, and maintains the Company's billing solution. The incumbent assists internal customers with tests and pilots and identifies ways to streamline the billing process and improve the quality of customer service. In addition, the incumbent develops, delivers, and maintains application training modules and works with different internal teams, including IT teams such as Finance Business Analysts, Developers, and the QA and Release teams.
* Document and review business requirements related to billing processes, offering solutions to business needs and identifying operational inefficiencies, conflicting business practices, and integration issues by suggesting alternative options.
* Support and enhance the billing solution, engaging other teams for coordination, rollouts, and needed approvals.
* Serve as the Company's billing solution subject matter expert and share knowledge with customers and regional teams to provide guidance on better utilization of existing application functionality in order to avoid unnecessary customizations.
* Participate with other IT staff and internal customers on new product reviews, tests, and pilots.
* Document for the IT group system functions and processes, best practices, training materials, issue resolution approaches, and root cause analyses; document other selected items for other internal customers.
* Actively participate in application upgrades, fully understand new and enhanced functionality delivered by the upgrades, become familiar with the upgrades' test scripts, provide reliable post-upgrade support, and identify ways to automate them, working closely with the QA team.
* Understand interactions and interdependencies between different applications and ensure proper integration of business applications.
* Develop productive business relationships and integrate activities with IT team members, primarily Quality Assurance, other Business Analysts, and Software Development and Database Administration teams to ensure the successful deployment and support of billing changes.
* Foster and maintain trusted business partner relationships with customers and IT colleagues.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Ability to understand new business requirements and processes.
* Very strong organizational skills and proper attention to details.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent customer service from working in a global multi-cultural environment.
* Attention to detail; ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
* Self-directed; able to work on a team and independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to understand business concepts and evaluate the impact of business changes on systems.
* Ability to learn new Oracle and non-Oracle applications.
* Comprehensive testing skills.
* Understanding of relational databases and query tools.
* Strong working knowledge of application systems for billing applications.
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and Visio and at least a basic familiarity with Microsoft Projects.
* Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies.
* Ability to understand Spanish and Portuguese.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or Information Systems required.
* Minimum 5 years professional experience in business application design, implementation, modification, or support, at least 3 of which were dedicated to billing processes, required.
* Minimum 8 years of business experience required.
* Experience with billing applications required.
* Experience with Software as a Service applications preferred.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 5% travel may be required in support of the position's responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
About American Tower
American Tower offers its users with a variety of wireless infrastructure solutions around the world.