Under the guidance of Principal and Lead Engineers, the Senior Software Engineer designs and implements the Company's software and underlying data technologies. The incumbent will assume the technical developer role for projects and maintenance, and provide guidance to Software Engineers. The incumbent will work with the latest technology platforms, analyze requirements, propose software designs, and provide production support. The Senior Software Engineer will set the standards for design and development of software and review the work of Software Engineers.
* Develop, unit test, and maintain key system features or custom solutions according to specifications, and follow development standards, procedures, and industry best practices.
* Provide hands-on functional and technical expertise within assigned business areas in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of business applications.
* Provide assistance and guidance to Software Engineers.
* Work with others to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
* Provide consulting support of processes and systems issues.
* Follow internal practices for maintaining the code library for all solutions.
* Author and update all technical documents relative to the design, delivery, and operation readiness of, and/or the custom application for, the Development team site.
* Assist Business Analysts with the troubleshooting of technical issues with standard or custom programs and reports.
* Adhere to Process Improvement Projects Life Cycle procedures.
* Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT team members to meet expected customer service levels.
* Track all outstanding work through either the production ticket system or Project Server.
* Keep abreast of current tools and technologies and select appropriate tools to improve software development and recommend innovative solutions.
* Adhere to agreed-upon Service Level Agreements for production tickets.
* Other duties as assigned
* Excellent knowledge of the software development life cycle and methodologies
* In-depth knowledge of relational database concepts and development tools
* Superior understanding of the principles of object-oriented design and development
* Proven ability to adapt to new technologies to deliver or support solutions
* Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve results
* Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
* Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
* Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
* Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
* Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and more than 6 years of relevant experience, or Master's degree and more than 4 years of relevant experience, required
* Experience with one or more of the following platforms required:
* Microsoft Platform:
* VSTS, TFS, SharePoint, SQL Server
* Programming Languages and Technologies: ASP.NET, C#, VB.NET, ASP, .NET Framework, and Web Services
* Knowledge of Internet Information Services
* Experience with protocols such as SOAP, REST, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, etc.
* Strong working knowledge of Net Applications
* Oracle Platform:
* Experience with SQL and PL/SQL programming language
* Exposure with Oracle Data Integrator
* Experience with Fusion Middleware SOA/BPM Suites
* Exposure to Oracle Workflow, XML Publisher, Jdeveloper and Discoverer tools
* J2EE Platform
* J2EE application server (WebLogic preferred)
* JSP, JavaServer Faces, ADF Oracle Technology Stack or STRUTS
* Experience building web-based applications using Java/J2EE, Spring Framework, Spring MVC, and Hibernate
* C and Embarcadero
* Cloud and Client Framework
* Experience using SOLR, Elastic Search, NoSQL DB (MongoDB, Redis etc.), AWS and CDN cloud services
* Experience with Mulesoft
* Experience with AWS
* Familiarity with DevOps tools (e.g., Docker)
* Familiarity with various UI frameworks like Angular, React, Ember, and Bootstrap
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position's responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
About American Tower
American Tower offers its users with a variety of wireless infrastructure solutions around the world.