The IT Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates IT organization and business activities to ensure that project goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters. The incumbent manages small-- to medium-sized project teams that deliver measurable business results by monitoring project activities, ensuring the quality and integrity of the information, and adhering to Program Management Office ("PMO") policies and procedures. The incumbent must effectively communicate as well as manage and define risk strategies to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, and within scope. The incumbent must be able to deliver projects successfully, on budget, and on time and have the necessary collaboration skills to motivate team members, focus on customer needs, and deliver project objectives. The IT Project Manager must have an excellent working knowledge of project management disciplines, practices, and deliverables.
* Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available departmental resources to various project phases.
* Provide end-to-end extensive project management of small- to medium-sized internal and external systems and application development projects.
* Advocate and support the PMO's policies, processes, and practices.
* Lead, coach, and motivate project team members throughout the project life cycle to drive projects to completion.
* Manage globally dispersed, cross-functional teams across multiple time zones and cultures.
* Create project schedules for resource demand working with technical leads, resource managers, and business leads.
* Identify project deliverables, milestones, objectives, scope and project phases/tollgates while working with key stakeholders and technical experts.
* Determine optimal project methodology and tools required for the project, adhering to project management best practices.
* Outline the responsibilities and expectations of different principals and parties, including customers, customer and IT management, team members, IT support groups, vendors, consultants, and affected or impacted groups.
* Identify and alert the PMO and project sponsors about dependencies between projects. Work with other Project Managers to determine mitigation options for project dependencies that allow for successful implementation of all projects involved.
* Lead change management process by monitoring scope, cost, quality, and schedule, resolving issues when possible and communicating of unresolved issues with the project sponsor and team.
* Lead periodic tollgate check-ins with the team and sponsor to ensure project goals and objectives will be met.
* Manage third party vendors, contracts, and contractors ensuring they are in the Company's best interest.
* Effectively manage risks to ensure possible future issues have mitigation plans and are continuously tracked.
* Ensure that all training and transition management activities are in place, including coordinating process redesign, new procedures, and acceptance of new technologies.
* Collaborate with Project Managers and the PMO to establish project management standards and best practices, conduct research and development in the area of project management, and mentor Associate- and Intermediate-level Project Managers.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Detail oriented; able to multitask and meet deadlines.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
* Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills.
* Strong change management skills and ability to influence decision makers.
* Ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
* Strong project management skills, which includes experience organizing, planning, and executing, from vision through implementation, large-scale projects involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors.
* Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
* Ability to manage globally dispersed, cross-functional teams across multiple time zones and cultures.
* Knowledge of the Company's business practices and direction, as well as a familiarity with its products and resources.
* Working knowledge of MS Project and SharePoint.
* Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting, or a related discipline required.
* Project Management Professional Certification a plus.
* At least 3 years of IT project management experience required.
* Experience in tower industry, operations, leasing, or real estate preferred.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
Approximately 10% travel will be required in support of the position's responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
About American Tower
American Tower offers its users with a variety of wireless infrastructure solutions around the world.