At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on some of the world's most challenging tech problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. The fuel behind all of our growth: our bold and innovative brand, our technology and, of course, the people. Maintaining a world-class, global workforce that strives for continued growth and facing hard tech problems head on, is no small task. That's why we value ideas over hierarchy, we build globally while living locally, and we believe that being customer-obsessed everywhere starts with building diverse, inclusive, and driven teams.
About the Team
Uber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world and over the last year we have 10xed our gross bookings! Our Uber Eats team is helping to redefine on-demand food delivery for a new generation. With Uber speed, professional delivery partners, and partnerships with the world's most beloved restaurants, we are bringing convenience and happiness to people one meal at a time.
Uber is an established company with a well known brand, but our engineering efforts in New York are just getting started. Help shape the culture here, and get in on the ground floor of something big.
Be sure to check out the Uber NYC Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
About the Role
The team in NYC is looking for backend engineers who will focus on:
* Work with Uber Eats engineering teams to solve challenges brought by the large scale and fast growing business
* Design, implement and own Uber Eats core backend systems to deliver values to Uber Eats customers and partners
* Design and develop new systems, tools and dashboards continue scale Uber Eats business globally
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll need
* Deep domain knowledge and experience with relevant tools, languages and frameworks (Go, Node or Python preferred)
* Proven experience shipping high-quality product features on schedule
* Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems
* Data-driven architecture and systems design
* A Github account that showcases your talent for building
* Excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach to problem-solving
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.