At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Uber's corporate network engineering team is responsible for the global corporate network, designing and supporting a high performing reliable network at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. The sustained growth of Uber's network generates a constant stream of challenges which will require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Design, build and operate the corporate network backbone, enabling global rapid scale and growth.
* Design and implement IPv6, MPLS, QoS.
* Participate in long range strategic and operational planning for the full network stack.
* Build capabilities for monitoring, alerting, automated, and self healing networks.
* Build adaptive network security capabilities that protect valuable company data and drive accountability and transparency in daily operations.
* Identify opportunities for business enablement through the use of technology.
* Provide architectural and engineering leadership, defining and implementing strategies to ensure scalability, availability, and functionality.
* Evaluate and recommend new software platforms and services.
* Develop automated methods to solve and mitigate network events, as well as self-service tools to improve operational efficiency.
What You'll Need
* Strong Routing/Switching knowledge, Juniper (required), Cisco, Meraki.
* Familiarity with deploying and handling networks in a Cloud heavy environment company
* Strong architectural chops and a passion for building what will become one of the largest, most dynamic corporate networks on the planet
* Extensive experience at all layers of the network from physical to application aware firewalls
* Strong knowledge in scripting.
* Bachelor of Science in Computers or Business related field, or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years Information Technology operations experience
* Experience in supporting 24X7 global teams
* Strong skills in process, documentation, and change management
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.