At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the job
We are looking for hands-on Senior Software Engineers who are looking to build applications that support the protection of Uber's endpoints and the ability to measure/audit our fleet of production endpoint whether they are the phones, PCs, or Macs of our employees or the servers that host our rider and driver applications. Regardless of endpoint, we need countermeasures and visibility that will support the Uber Engineering Security Team's endpoint hardening initiatives and investigations.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do
* Identify opportunities in Uber's Security across all systems and develop a plan to remediate the problems identified. The approach taken may involve building s/w, buying s/w or implementing other countermeasures for identified threats against Uber
* Hardening our clients, servers, and networks against exploitation and privilege escalation
* Instrument systems to enable detection of intrusions and abuse
* Implement, tune and support defensive solutions
What you'll need
* Experience in or significant interest in learning about the realm of cybersecurity
* Experience in backend engineering (Java, C#, Python, Go, etc.)
* Experience in front-end development (Angular, React, etc.)
* Experience with distributed systems design (CAP theorem)
* Experience with threat driven defense
* Experience building countermeasures based on the kill chain or ATT&CK Framework
* Experience with operating systems internals and hardening (Linux, OS X, Windows
* Experience implementing anti malware, IPS, and EDR systems
* Applied cryptography and key management
* Thorough understanding of authentication, authorization, and directory services
About the Team
Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe. Through a commitment to innovation and an endless drive to improve, we will ensure that Uber's systems are secure and our team possesses the tools that are needed to support investigations.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.