Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and solid engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and tens of thousands of restaurants around the world use our products. If you are excited by constantly relevant engineering processes and can deliver exceptional quality at scale in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too.
You'll be responsible for sound technical execution through hands-on development, automated testing, and prototyping of our flagship product, GuestCenter. You will ship and support features used daily by thousands of restaurants to dynamically manage their operations, control availability, and build inventory in real time. The team is multi-functional, co-located with product, design and delivery management. We use agile development methods to continuously deliver production-ready code.
* A passion for building great products and delivering them to customers.
* Demonstration of outstanding past work.
* Confidence in your abilities and a collaborative mindset.
* A sense of humor, to have fun while juggling concurrent initiatives.
* An eagerness to produce results using sound front end standards and practices.
* Excitement for OpenTable, restaurants, and what we are trying to achieve.
* 5+ years of experience as a Front End Engineer.
* Proficiency with Git/Github.
* Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team.
* Experience working in an agile-based methodology.
* Experience with unit and integration testing.
Optional, but a major plus:
* Full stack software development.
* Experience developing real-time web applications.
* Proficiency in Node.js
* Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass.
* Experience with continuous deployment.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating more than 25 million diners per month via online bookings across approximately 45,000 restaurants.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 1.5 billion diners in over 20 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and may more locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
OpenTable is an online restaurant reservation service company.