As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Partners HealthCare is transforming the way patient care is delivered through investments in data and analytics. In recent years Partners has significantly invested in data and analytic infrastructure, including an enterprise-wide clinical and administrative system, an enterprise data warehouse, big data analytic capabilities, machine learning (ML) / artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities, and building out a massive bank of genetic data to drive improvements in personalized/precision medicine.
We are now looking to further advance in the area of data and analytics by building out enterprise capability to enable the institutions and corporate functions to more efficiently drive their operations and ultimately improve patient care.
We are seeking an individual with strong business intelligence development experience in Tableau and other leading BI tools to join the Data and Analytics team.
Under general direction, the BI developer will develop performance dashboards and reports related to business and clinical initiatives. The BI developer will also be responsible for developing visual data representations using charts, graphs, infographics and other diagrams.
Areas of focus will include financial, clinical & quality and safety domains. This role requires working with multiple sources of healthcare data to meet evolving reporting and analytical needs of business units. Products range from simple dashboard development involving basic data manipulation/analysis to using advanced techniques to build and present data in user friendly formats geared to non-analytical audiences. The BI developer will work closely with his/her team, business analytics teams, and key stakeholders to design and execute analytic products that drive action.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Understand the business needs of the key stakeholders and develop actionable and accessible dashboards and reports, leveraging data visualization tools e.g. Tableau
* Take part in the iterative process of designing , developing, refining, and testing dashboards
* Assist in optimizing data from multiple sources to offer a high degree of data quality and performance
* Offer best practices in distributing content via Tableau Server
* Promote the "art of the possible" using Tableau in healthcare administration with strong analytical reasoning and an ability to create a story narrative with data
* Retrieve, organize, and manipulate data from the Enterprise Data Warehouse and other databases. This will require programming (SQL or similar) to prepare data for reporting and analysis.
* Responsible for completing thorough quality assurance procedures ensuring accuracy, reliability, and validity of work • BS/BA or equivalent required, Master's degree desirable
* Minimum of 3 years of experience of designing reports and dashboards using Tableau and other data visualization tools
* Minimum of 2 years of experience of programming languages and/or statistical software (SQL, SAS, or R)
* 3 years working with Tableau Desktop and Tableau server
* Familiarity with data preparation techniques and tools such as Alteryx and Tableau Prep
* High degree of design literacy and solid visual design skillsets
* Experience with working in agile development teams
* Strong collaboration skills, with both business and technical teams
* Excellent stakeholder-facing and internal communication skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail, well organized, a logical problem solver who is able to set priorities and focus on delivering against deadlines
* Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
* Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly
* Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal
* Requires minimal direction from leadership
* No direct reports
* Local travel to Partners sites
About Partners Healthcare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.