As a Software Engineer on the Automation team, you will be responsible for contributing to the Automation framework used in testing the Sonos Players. This will require collaboration with your partners the Player Test Teams to understand areas of improvement for the framework and to develop a big picture view of how the projects in the Automation team benefit the other test teams. This will include giving guidance to other teams on best coding practices and good automation strategies. If you love music, solving challenging problems and delivering high-quality products, we want to talk with you!
More than a candidate that checks every box, we're looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos-no matter their background or how they identify. If that's you, we hope you'll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone's best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You're passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
What You'll Do
* Contribute to the Sonos test architecture infrastructure, design and test methodologies
* Design, develop, and expand on our test automation framework and research emerging automation technologies
* Set up test environments and infrastructure
* Investigate, log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization
* Collaborate well both within the team and among other teams who use the automation framework we develop.
* Contribute to the design and development of automation frameworks and testing processes
* Strong coding fundamentals (data-structures, algorithms, design patterns, etc.) as well as specific experience in Python, Java or C/C++ in a Linux environment
* Proven ability to utilize SCM and CI tools (Perforce, Git, SVN, Jenkins, etc.)
* Solid communication, interpersonal and leadership skills as well as experience working in dynamic and collaborative work environments
Skills You'll Need
* BS/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related experience
* Experience programming in the Linux environment
* At least 2 years of automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks.
* Familiarity with continuous integration systems, preferably Jenkins
* Experience programming with one or more of the following languages: Python, Java or C/C++
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment, preferred but not required
* Experience with (or interest in) working on a framework/tools team, preferred but not required
More About Sonos
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we're working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better-because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About Sonos, Inc.
Sonos is a consumer electronics company that makes a variety of wireless audio products.