Department: Platforms and Infrastructure
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
Innovation and creativity are the foundation of everything we do at Sonos and data is at the heart of our smart speakers and supply chain. Database systems are not an exception. If you are curious about new features as well as new technologies and always think about how they can make existing systems better, if you like to think outside of the box, if you love to automate repetitive and boring tasks then this job is for you.
The Data Platform team is looking for a Database Professional with a strong desire to learn complex systems as well as new technologies. As part of the Data Systems group you will be responsible for maintaining the overall health, performance and reliability of the SQL Server databases as well as other database technologies
More than a candidate that checks every box, we're looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos-no matter their background or how they identify. If that's you, we hope you'll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone's best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You're passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
What You'll Do
* Ensure systems availability and performance
* Assist with issues relating to system performance
* Develop key automation and monitoring scripts
* Identify and performance tune poorly performing queries
* Assist with the design and maintenance of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, confidentiality of data, and integrity of data assets
* Optimize performance of SQL databases in production and non production environments
* Support FCI/AG, Log shipping, and SQL Server replication
Skills You'll Need
* Proven experience supporting Microsoft SQL Server
* Familiarity with SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS, NiFi, Boomi
* Ability to meet SLAs and provide timely resolution to prioritized issues
* Work effectively within team and department
* Experience with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
Great to Have
* Experience with cloud database technologies such as Snowflake and Aurora
* Experience with scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, Bash
More About Sonos
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we're working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better-because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Sonos is a consumer electronics company that makes a variety of wireless audio products.