At Sonos, we're passionate about creating the finest HiFi audio experiences in the world for our customers. Our partners share our passion and build compelling experiences that showcase their ingenuity alongside our own. The lever that moves this world: our platform.
Come help us build the next generation platform for controlling the Sonos system as part of a smart, Internet-connected world. You'll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy and making any content available by delivering personalized experiences wherever our users are and facilitating human connections.
Leverage your expertise and engineering skills to design and build highly available, low-latency global web services that connect millions of users with the sound they love. You will work in an agile development environment across cloud technologies, collaborating across software engineering and test, product management, operations, and data teams.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we're looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos-no matter their background or how they identify. If that's you, we hope you'll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone's best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You're passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
What You'll Do
* You will work closely with others to define project requirements and scope, and plan for upcoming work
* You will work with your team in an agile development environment and collaborate with QA and UX
* You will participate in code reviews and discussions with other developers, lead software design and code walkthrough meetings
* You will explore and innovate on Sonos products during regular hack weeks that will influence our roadmap
Skills You'll Need
* Experience designing and building scalable and highly available microservices in a distributed system with a focus on high concurrency and low latency
* 5+ years experience building and operating Java services on a cloud platform
* Experience building RESTful APIs
* Track record of shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software under tight time constraints
* BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Other things you'll work on:
* Web application security, SSL, OAuth
* Performance testing, measuring KPIs, benchmarking, load injection, OS and app tuning
* Deployment orchestration tools
* Large scale, multi-region cloud services in Node.js
More About Sonos
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we're working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better-because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Sonos is a consumer electronics company that makes a variety of wireless audio products.